Harmonic Major in Melodyne

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have all the options in the world in Melodyne Studio4 but I can't select Melodic Major scale, or at least I can't see it.
Somebody can point to where and how ?
Or what would be equivalent to G Harmonic Major ?
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Well, it's a synthetic scale as they say in the trade, so...
the modes of, say 'D Mixolydian b2' are as well.

wait, which version? Melodyne 5 lets you just draw the scale you want it to work from, and looks pretty exhaustive in the video I watched.
sorry, I don't have it. I guess the answer is buy the studio version of 5. ;)

Well that's a bit pricy just for one project. It's weird that I can't find it in Melodyne but in Rapid Composer no problem. I tried to change some of the notes manually it's not very intuitive and I watched a few videos and I could not really find how to do this properly.

So D Mixolydian b2 has the same notes in the scale ? I'll check that out. TX.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

What if you use the full chromatic (essentially no) scale? Notes more than a semitone off should be rare...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Boone777 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:33 am Well that's a bit pricy just for one project. It's weird that I can't find it in Melodyne but in Rapid Composer no problem. I tried to change some of the notes manually it's not very intuitive and I watched a few videos and I could not really find how to do this properly.

So D Mixolydian b2 has the same notes in the scale ? I'll check that out. TX.
it modalizes exactly as major does with the one exception*
So it's G major b6; A dorian b5; B phrygian b4; C lydian b3; D mixo b2; sixth mode is essentially E aeolian *b1; F# locrian bb7 (ie., a dim. 7th).

BertKoor wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:46 am What if you use the full chromatic (essentially no) scale? Notes more than a semitone off should be rare...
Rare ? Don't overestimate my lousing singing ! :ud:
It is easier on the eyes with the right scale in place, also I don't know these scale by heart it helps me avoid mistakes but yes chromatic is feasible.

Return to “Music Theory”