A 3 OS ready list (Apple/Linux/Windows)

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since switching my everything-but-music-making machine to linux recently I've been playing closer attention to linux music software.

Here's some other devs I've found that support Linux, Mac and Windows:

Auburn Sounds
Audionodes
Audiosingularity
Crumar (Performer is free for Linux)
GSi (VariSpeed)
Punk Labs
SuperflyDSP
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:33 pm Since switching my everything-but-music-making machine to linux recently I've been playing closer attention to linux music software.

Here's some other devs I've found that support Linux, Mac and Windows:

Auburn Sounds
Audionodes
Audiosingularity
Crumar (Performer is free for Linux)
GSi (VariSpeed)
Punk Labs
SuperflyDSP
All added and with SocaLabs Wavetable also. I couldn't confirm the AudioNodes for all three OS though. But still on list until someone tells me different.

AudioThing just released another of their plugins that now support Linux, along with Apple and Windows.

Edit: MiniBit
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

BBFG# wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:07 pmI couldn't confirm the AudioNodes for all three OS though. But still on list until someone tells me different.
AudioNodes recently added that account login window, however if you look at the small print above the "Create My Account" button there is a link to go straight to the downloads.

Also, most (if not all) of the SocaLabs stuff is Lin/Mac/Win.
Image Image Image Image

Updated List.

PreSonus Studio One
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Vaporizer 2 (Open Sourced from VAST Dynamics)

Read down in this thread, and you'll see that there is already a GitHub build for Linux too!

viewtopic.php?p=8753827#p8753827
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Cardinal, plugin based on VCV rack:
https://cardinal.kx.studio/

BlueLab shut down a couple of years ago, but their site was archived by The Wayback Machine. The top post on the homepage has links to zip archives of all their plugins for Lin/Mac/Win. I haven't tried them out but there might be something useful there.

https://web.archive.org/web/20211120133 ... plugs.com/

Also, I forgot about the preview version of The Great Escape. There doesn't seem to have been any progress towards a final release, but it's available for all three systems.

https://www.musicalentropy.com/TheGreatEscape.html
Image Image Image Image

A few more submissions:

Synthesis Technology Waveedit (can be used as a wt editor for other synths)
ConvertWithMoss

Punk Labs have since released another couple of instruments:
OneTrick URCHIN and OneTrick KEYS

HY-Plugins have linux versions of HY-POLY and HY-SEQ32.
Image Image Image Image

:tu:

Sinevibes Integer has a Linux VST3 now.

The rest of their desktop plugins will be penguinized in time :party:
Image Image Image Image

This is fantastic news!!!! Some of those effects are really needed as native plugins!! How did you find out that they are going to release native versions of all of their software? Was there an announcement made somewhere?

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”