Bugginess in Synthmaster 2.9

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Returning to Synthmaster again after repeatedly doing for a couple years or so. Finding time now to play and learn this great synth.

YET, I'm find, after a bit of playing around, notes hanging/getting stuck and the mouse pointer changing into a double arrow (up and down). Not that that last mention means anything. But maybe it does.

Hitting the stop button (in FL Studio) gets me out of that stuck key but it'll recur immediately thereafter every time. End up having to go back to my saved preset version of what I'm working on (or trying to create).

My Global Settings are set at the best available. Don't see why it should be any less considering the powerful machine I've got.

Any hints? What am I missing? Thanks.

Also, I'm using the latest update to 2.9.

Hi cyberfyber,

Hanging or stuck notes is common to all synths, but it's not the synth at all. It is because a Note Off MIDI message has not been sent to the synth. To my knowledge there is currently no remedy to this problem except to stop the DAWs audio engine, which means stopping playback or the recording.

BTW, are you on 2.9.10?

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

cyberfyber wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:36 pm YET, I'm find, after a bit of playing around, notes hanging/getting stuck and the mouse pointer changing into a double arrow (up and down). Not that that last mention means anything. But maybe it does.
Is this issue repeatable ? I mean is there a certain flow that reproduces the issue all the time?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Living Room Rocker wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:22 am Hanging or stuck notes is common to all synths, but it's not the synth at all. It is because a Note Off MIDI message has not been sent to the synth. To my knowledge there is currently no remedy to this problem except to stop the DAWs audio engine, which means stopping playback or the recording.

BTW, are you on 2.9.10?
Ok thanks, then I'll try to pursue this through the Fl Studio forum.
'and I'm on whatever the latest version is. Have checked for updates and told I'm fine.

kv331 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:03 am Is this issue repeatable ? I mean is there a certain flow that reproduces the issue all the time?

Yeah, it kinda is. I know that whenever it's happened it does so after I go far enough and start modulating with the LFO and/or SEQuencer.

Tried to test it out and it took awhile before the note(s) got stuck again.

cyberfyber wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:36 pm the mouse pointer changing into a double arrow (up and down)
I get the same thing here:

SM2 122621-1.png

It's not possible to grab a screenshot since it doesn't show the cursor so this is from my phone. The double arrow and sometimes the up/down arrows get "stuck" and display no matter where they are moved on the GUI.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:09 pm
cyberfyber wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:36 pm the mouse pointer changing into a double arrow (up and down)

SM2 122621-1.png
Yeah, I found that mine changes to horizontal depending on the area of the Synthmaster UI I point at. Eventually it goes away but will return. There's also the slight occasional delays that don't happen too often.

Some DAWs include an " all notes off" drop down feature.

cyberfyber wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:14 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:09 pm

SM2 122621-1.png
Yeah, I found that mine changes to horizontal depending on the area of the Synthmaster UI I point at. Eventually it goes away but will return. There's also the slight occasional delays that don't happen too often.
Hi,

Is it possible to send me demo project of this issue. So I can check it and try to reproduce it.

All the best
Gerek

Return to “KV331 Audio”