[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.5.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, you don't. It works with a single wav file too.

Ah, ok, I thought your goal was to create a playable library,

But you can split it with https://www.bjoernbojahr.de/session-2-wav.html.
Also take a look at the handy EndlessWav software from the same author.

kidslow wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:02 pm
moss wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:43 pm
pc999 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:41 pm BTW, if I understud it well this can't converted encrypted/proprietary sample packs, so if I buy regular kontakt sample pack from native instruments will I be able to convert them in Bitwig multisamples, or Force keygroups?

How can I know what I can or can't convert?
No, you won't. All NI libraries are encrypted.
Sorry, I misinterpreted the request as meaning also third party sample packs. You're saying that sample packs produced by NI are all encrypted. That makes sense to me.
NI's Kontakt libraries are encrypted, the samples (one-shots or loops) e.g. in their Maschine expansion packs not - they're regular *.wav files.
Anyway, with a bit of time it's always possible to re-sample any Kontakt instrument, I converted a good number of them over the years so I could use the sounds with other samplers, e.g. the ones in Bitwig or Ableton or lately TAL drum (just loving that thing).

Anybody asked for TX16WX already? TX16WX is so handy for building programs... Converting them back in ConvertWithMoss would be fantastic. I did the freeware TX2SFZ, but that's a bit tricky sometimes...

mccy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:09 pm Anybody asked for TX16WX already? TX16WX is so handy for building programs... Converting them back in ConvertWithMoss would be fantastic. I did the freeware TX2SFZ, but that's a bit tricky sometimes...
I guess meanwhile I got asked about each and every format on the planet :D
Since you have some coding skills, I totally welcome contributions to this project.

The Kontakt conversion to Bitwig Multisample works good for small nkis for the sample zones.

Would it be realistic to wish for a maschine and/or battery kit conversion to bitwig drum rack?

Thanks a lot

filipfug wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:17 pm The Kontakt conversion to Bitwig Multisample works good for small nkis for the sample zones.

Would it be realistic to wish for a maschine and/or battery kit conversion to bitwig drum rack?

Thanks a lot
Bitwig drums patches most likely not since it is not an open format. Maybe Battery since it is quite similar to the Kontakt format. No idea about Maschine.

moss wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:43 am
mccy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:09 pm Anybody asked for TX16WX already? TX16WX is so handy for building programs... Converting them back in ConvertWithMoss would be fantastic. I did the freeware TX2SFZ, but that's a bit tricky sometimes...
I guess meanwhile I got asked about each and every format on the planet :D
Since you have some coding skills, I totally welcome contributions to this project.
"Coding skills"... I'm a smart one, finding the niches :-). TX2SFZ was made in flowstone with extensive use of the ruby module. Could this be a thing I could build on? I have no idea about 'real' coding. What would you need, what would I have to learn from that newbi perspective? I would love to give it a try but doubt I am anywhere near to the skills needed.

The argument for TX16WX is, that it has very very nice building workflow for programs and the format is completely open to look at... and: TX16WX is by far the best actual (in developement) freeware sampler in my opinion.

ConvertWithMoss 7.4 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Added support for 1010music format (blackbox, tangerine, bitbox).
  • All formats
    • New: Support for creation date/time in formats which support it.
    • New: Unsupported WAV file metadata chunks are kept when read/written.
    • New: Samples in ZIP files get the modification date of the multi-sample source.
    • New: Added 'Hammond' as organ synomym and 'Ambient' and 'Atmo' as pad synonyms in category detector.
    • Fixed: Tab labels were not visible on Linux.
  • WAV - Reading
    • New: Reads metadata (originator, description, creation date/time) from the broadcast audio chunk (if present) of the 1st WAV file.
  • WAV - Writing
    • New: Added options to write instrument, sample and broadcast audio chunks.
    • Fixed: WAV file chunks were not aligned to multiples of 2.
  • SFZ, DecentSampler, MPC Keygroup, TAL Sampler - Reading
    • New: Reads metadata (originator, description, creation date/time) from the broadcast audio chunk (if present) of the 1st WAV file.
  • SFZ, DecentSampler, MPC Keygroup, TAL Sampler - Writing
    • New: Writes metadata (originator, description, creation date/time) to the broadcast audio chunk of all WAV files.
  • MPC - Writing
    • Fixed: The sample chunk of a MPC destination WAV file was missing the number of loops value.
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/lWwyNFVG6rQ

moss wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:19 pm ConvertWithMoss 7.4 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • All formats
    • New: Support for creation date/time in formats which support it.
    • New: Unsupported WAV file metadata chunks are kept when read/written.
    • New: Samples in ZIP files get the modification date of the multi-sample source.
    • New: Added 'Hammond' as organ synomym and 'Ambient' and 'Atmo' as pad synonyms in category detector.
    • Fixed: Tab labels were not visible on Linux.
  • WAV - Reading
  • WAV - Writing
    • New: Added options to write instrument, sample and broadcast audio chunks.
    • Fixed: WAV file chunks were not aligned to multiples of 2.
  • SFZ, DecentSampler, MPC Keygroup, TAL Sampler - Reading
  • SFZ, DecentSampler, MPC Keygroup, TAL Sampler - Writing
    • New: Writes metadata (originator, description, creation date/time) to the broadcast audio chunk of all WAV files.
  • MPC - Writing
    • Fixed: The sample chunk of a MPC destination WAV file was missing the number of loops value.
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/lWwyNFVG6rQ
Very cool! Thank you!!! I have a question: is the 1010music format an unencrypted format that allows access to the wav files? If so, I may have to look a bit closer at the hardware. 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:22 am
Very cool! Thank you!!! I have a question: is the 1010music format an unencrypted format that allows access to the wav files? If so, I may have to look a bit closer at the hardware. 🙂
Yes. Standard 24/48 wav files. I have the older (pre MK-II) BITBOX, and its great! They can be picked up now for around half the price of the MK-II, and though the MK-II has a more powerful processor and some enhanced features, its worth researching to determine if those are required/desirable to your personal use case. I find the original to be more than adequate. 1010 also offers replacement black face-plates, should that appeal to you. [2c]
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Interesting! Thank you! 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

mccy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:21 pm The argument for TX16WX is, that it has very very nice building workflow for programs and the format is completely open to look at... and: TX16WX is by far the best actual (in developement) freeware sampler in my opinion.
Can't TX16WX load SFZ directly? Why do you need a converter?

OMG! I had no idea you were also adding support for 1010music devices!!
Does this mean that it also supports the Bluebox? Recording in sync and automatically converting it to to a DAWproject or Bitwig project would be amazing and a 100% INSTABUY from me.
That means no need to spend tedious amounts of time manually adjusting beat markers because everything is done for you!
((( ~ )))

wavedigit wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:38 pm
Does this mean that it also supports the Bluebox? Recording in sync and automatically converting it to to a DAWproject or Bitwig project would be amazing and a 100% INSTABUY from me.
That means no need to spend tedious amounts of time manually adjusting beat markers because everything is done for you!
ProjectConverter is a different software. But interesting idea!

moss wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:44 pm
wavedigit wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:38 pm
ProjectConverter is a different software. But interesting idea!
Ah so it is! I thought the ProjectConverter got renamed (or should I say, converted? :P) to ConvertWithMoss.
But yeah, _please_ do consider adding support for the bluebox in the ProjectConverter. I created a feature request / suggestion in the project to make it official: https://github.com/git-moss/ProjectConverter/issues/10
((( ~ )))

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”