[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.5.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the update :tu:

I was just made aware of this hugely useful tool via the 1010Music forum.

@moss is there a sample rate conversion in the process of preparing a Blackbox-compatible preset? As you may know, Blackbox prefers 24 bit/48kHz.

Thanks!

DovJ wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:28 pm I was just made aware of this hugely useful tool via the 1010Music forum.

@moss is there a sample rate conversion in the process of preparing a Blackbox-compatible preset? As you may know, Blackbox prefers 24 bit/48kHz.

Thanks!
I had this on my list but since I did not notice an issues with that, I did not add this.
Do you know what "prefer" exactly means has it advantages? Also when upsampling would be necessary?

mudi1974 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:54 am
mccy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:21 pm The argument for TX16WX is, that it has very very nice building workflow for programs and the format is completely open to look at... and: TX16WX is by far the best actual (in developement) freeware sampler in my opinion.
Can't TX16WX load SFZ directly? Why do you need a converter?
My interest is the other way round: TX16WX is a GREAT program-builder... But it can't save as SFZ...

mccy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:25 pm
mudi1974 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:54 am
mccy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:21 pm The argument for TX16WX is, that it has very very nice building workflow for programs and the format is completely open to look at... and: TX16WX is by far the best actual (in developement) freeware sampler in my opinion.
Can't TX16WX load SFZ directly? Why do you need a converter?
My interest is the other way round: TX16WX is a GREAT program-builder... But it can't save as SFZ...
Ooh! That would be nice!!! A opcode heaving conversion from TX16Wx to high quality SFZ is definitely needed, and would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Imagine--a visual way to create SFZ files!!!!

A BIG plus 1 for this request!!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

moss wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:36 pm
DovJ wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:28 pm I was just made aware of this hugely useful tool via the 1010Music forum.

Thanks!
I had this on my list but since I did not notice an issues with that, I did not add this.
Do you know what "prefer" exactly means has it advantages? Also when upsampling would be necessary?
Anything other than 24 bit/48 kHz increases Blackbox’s CPU load and can reduce polyphony, as I understand it.

From page 121 of the v3.0 user manual:

Samples Supported
The blackbox supports stereo samples. It can record in stereo and has stereo outputs.

The blackbox supports samples in the WAV file format. It supports 1 or 2 channel files with 16, 24 or 32-bit resolution at any sample rate. 48kHz is the preferred sample rate. The blackbox engine uses a 24-bit ADC and DAC.

Per Steve, forum administrator for the 1010Music forum, 19 December ‘23:

“The bitbox has a 24/48 DAC so while you can use combos other than that, you will tax the CPU to convert on the way out. What is the sample rate and bit depth of your samples?”

@moss thank you for your efforts and for considering this request.

DovJ wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:10 pm
moss wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:36 pm

Thanks!
Anything other than 24 bit/48 kHz increases Blackbox’s CPU load and can reduce polyphony, as I understand it.

From page 121 of the v3.0 user manual:

Samples Supported
The blackbox supports stereo samples. It can record in stereo and has stereo outputs.

The blackbox supports samples in the WAV file format. It supports 1 or 2 channel files with 16, 24 or 32-bit resolution at any sample rate. 48kHz is the preferred sample rate. The blackbox engine uses a 24-bit ADC and DAC.

Per Steve, forum administrator for the 1010Music forum, 19 December ‘23:

“The bitbox has a 24/48 DAC so while you can use combos other than that, you will tax the CPU to convert on the way out. What is the sample rate and bit depth of your samples?”

@moss thank you for your efforts and for considering this request.
I wrote to 1010music to find out how serious that is.

Thank you.

Has 1010music answered you?

Can Convert with Moss convert from Zebralette style wavetables to Serum style?
I could not find anything in the manual, I think this is more a sample converter rather than a wavetable converter.

DovJ wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:15 am Has 1010music answered you?
Yes, they told me that the performance gain is rather minimal. Nevertheless, I will add an option for the conversion in the next version.

zaphod betamax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:48 am Can Convert with Moss convert from Zebralette style wavetables to Serum style?
I could not find anything in the manual, I think this is more a sample converter rather than a wavetable converter.
The tool is intended for multi-sample conversion not wavetables.

ConvertWithMoss 7.5 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • All formats
    • New: Implemented workaround to accept AIFF files with an ending of 'aiff' (instead of only 'aif').
  • 1010music format - Writing
    • New: Added option to convert samples to 24bit/48 kHz which saves a bit on processor power on the 1010music devices.
  • Korg KMP - Writing
    • Fixed: Loop points were not correct when the source sample was not 44.1kHz.
  • SFZ - Reading
    • New: Added support for SFZ files which use sample files in OGG or FLAC format.
  • SFZ - Writing
    • New: Added option to create FLAC samples.
    • New: Added options to write instrument, sample and broadcast audio chunks.
  • TAL Sampler - Reading
    • Fixed: Metadata configuration widgets were missing.
https://youtu.be/4ojZ_05w0WM

Enjoy!

Superb! Thank you, moss, for this nice piece of software! :)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Agreed! Thank you!!!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”