[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v9.0.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moss wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:23 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:57 pm Wow! You actually pulled it off! Where did you find the specs?! 8) :tu:
Found this: https://github.com/jonkubis/exstools4
... and some additional head scratching
Very cool! EXS files have always done a good job with conversions! Thank you for doing this!! This is a big help for those of us looking for commercial samples to convert! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

moss wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:30 pm Not sure what you mean, sample file names should be the same?!
If an NKI file has been renamed, ConvertWithMoss will revert to the original name (including the output sample folder), whereas the new name is retained with EXS files. Anyway, not something worth spending time on since EXS files are working great.
EXS output stores the samples in the same folder, so not sure what you mean.
For example, if the program is named x.exs and its sample folder is named x_samples, ConvertWithMoss will create a new sample folder called x Samples. This happens when creating SFZ's even with Create folder structure and Add new files unchecked. If ConvertWithMoss instead creates a sample folder with the same name as the original sample folder, it would enable the SFZ file to find the samples in the original folder. I tested by renaming the original sample folder to x Samples and it worked.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:10 pm
moss wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:30 pm Not sure what you mean, sample file names should be the same?!
If an NKI file has been renamed, ConvertWithMoss will revert to the original name (including the output sample folder), whereas the new name is retained with EXS files. Anyway, not something worth spending time on since EXS files are working great.
EXS output stores the samples in the same folder, so not sure what you mean.
For example, if the program is named x.exs and its sample folder is named x_samples, ConvertWithMoss will create a new sample folder called x Samples. This happens when creating SFZ's even with Create folder structure and Add new files unchecked. If ConvertWithMoss instead creates a sample folder with the same name as the original sample folder, it would enable the SFZ file to find the samples in the original folder. I tested by renaming the original sample folder to x Samples and it worked.
Thanks for the clarification. Both are problematic due to the way the software works. The creator of the destination format does know nothing about where the sample is coming from and how it was stored (might be in a folder, in a ZIP or in a binary section of the main file).

moss wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:34 pm Thanks for the clarification. Both are problematic due to the way the software works. The creator of the destination format does know nothing about where the sample is coming from and how it was stored (might be in a folder, in a ZIP or in a binary section of the main file).
OK, thanks. Always great to get a definitive answer, even when it's not what I was hoping to hear. Maybe I'll just create a tutorial on how to use ConvertWithMoss with my samples.

Hi Jürgen
vielen Dank für deine Hingabe... Ich habe mich nur gefragt, ob sich ein converter für Cubase .vstsound to wav sich lohnen würde. Da ich von Cubase 13 auf Bitwig gewechselt habe und ich immer noch Lizenzen von Cubase besitze, wäre ein Converter zu Bitwig sicher nicht schlecht.
Grüsse aus der Schweiz... Denis

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
audiojunkie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:57 pm Wow! You actually pulled it off! Where did you find the specs?! 8) :tu:
Found this: https://github.com/jonkubis/exstools4 (https://github.com/jonkubis/exstools4)
Hey!! That's my GitHub project! Awesome!!! Glad it helped! I've been working on documenting the EXS24 format for a few years with the related goal to create the most accurate conversion to Logic Sampler/EXS24 format possible.

Thanks for the ConvertWithMoss project!

skx wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:05 am
Found this: https://github.com/jonkubis/exstools4
Hey!! That's my GitHub project! Awesome!!! Glad it helped! I've been working on documenting the EXS24 format for a few years with the related goal to create the most accurate conversion to Logic Sampler/EXS24 format possible.

Thanks for the ConvertWithMoss project!
Ah, great you are here as well!

I just published the documentation here: https://github.com/git-moss/Multisample ... ifications
In case you want to fill any of the open holes (marked with "TODO") :-)

Isn't the Bitwig sampler's format the same as the Presonus sampler's format? In other words, I understood that they both share the same format.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:40 pm Isn't the Bitwig sampler's format the same as the Presonus sampler's format? In other words, I understood that they both share the same format.
That is my understanding, but it is unverified.
https://answers.presonus.com/29774/pres ... rt-formats

I have been meaning to see if Moss's multisample output works with Studio One Presence XT.
https://github.com/bitwig/multisample

audiojunkie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:40 pm Isn't the Bitwig sampler's format the same as the Presonus sampler's format? In other words, I understood that they both share the same format.
Yes, as mentioned in the manual :-) But it is only the multisample information, so, not whole patch settings.

moss wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:22 pm
Yes, as mentioned in the manual :-) But it is only the multisample information, so, not whole patch settings.
Which formats convert the most info? In other words, which formats import and export more completely to/from their respective formats?
Last edited by audiojunkie on Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FWIW, Presonus works great with EXS files.

audiojunkie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:50 pm
Which formats convert the most info? In other words, which formats import and export more completely to/from their respective formats?
There is a detailed Calc sheet which explains all the details:
https://github.com/git-moss/ConvertWith ... ormats.ods

moss wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:24 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:50 pm
There is a detailed Calc sheet which explains all the details:
https://github.com/git-moss/ConvertWith ... ormats.ods
Oh! This is fantastic!! I just glanced briefly for a moment, but it looks like the most complete is SFZ. :)

I am getting the following error when trying to convert EXS files created by Logic's autosampler, and converting them in TAL Sampler format:

Unknown EXS block type: 11

Thanks

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”