[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.5.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ConvertWithMoss 7.3.0 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Added support for TAL Sampler format (reading + writing).
  • Improved user interface.
  • Sf2 - Reading
    • Fixed: 24 and 16 bit detection were flipped and produces an exception.
  • SFZ - Reading
    • New: AIFF files can be used as input.
  • Kontakt - Reading
    • Fixed: Zone tuning was not set correctly.
    • Fixed: If a file was referenced more than once in a monolith, all of them had the same zone settings.
  • Korg KMP - Reading
    • Fixed: Pitch tracking was inverted.
https://youtu.be/zSScCSmF06Q

Enjoy!

Fantastic update, thanks for adding TAL Sampler support, this is great news!

moss wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 pm ConvertWithMoss 7.3.0 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Added support for TAL Sampler format (reading + writing).
  • Improved user interface.
  • Sf2 - Reading
    • Fixed: 24 and 16 bit detection were flipped and produces an exception.
  • SFZ - Reading
    • New: AIFF files can be used as input.
  • Kontakt - Reading
    • Fixed: Zone tuning was not set correctly.
    • Fixed: If a file was referenced more than once in a monolith, all of them had the same zone settings.
  • Korg KMP - Reading
    • Fixed: Pitch tracking was inverted.
https://youtu.be/zSScCSmF06Q

Enjoy!
Wow! This is fantastic!! The best open source sampler converter gets better and better!!! Thank you!!! 😎👍🏼
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

ConvertWithMoss 7.3.0 opens then quits immediately on my computer. Is macOS High Sierra supported?

Widowsky wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:14 pm ConvertWithMoss 7.3.0 opens then quits immediately on my computer. Is macOS High Sierra supported?
I think that is too old.

Edit: You need at least Macos 10.14.5

Hi,
Any plans to write a soundfont?

Thanks. :phones:

radian wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:52 pm Hi,

It is on my list but I must feel very very bored to look into this :-)

radian wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:52 pm Hi,

Out of curiosity: with which sampler are you going to use it?

OpenMPT or Jeskola XS-1

Hi, I am trying to convert a large library from NKI to SFZ using ConvertWithMoss 7.3.0, where the source library folder contains individual subfolders for banks, and each bank subfolder contains several NKI preset files, plus a single subfolder for all the samples that are shared between the presets in the bank.

When converting to SFZ (and checking the "Create Folder Structure" option) the bank folder structure is retained in the destination, but instead of retaining a single subfolder for the samples, a new samples subfolder is created for each individual preset. This creates a very large amount of unnecessary duplicate files and makes it harder to see all the samples used by the bank in one place.

Is there some way to tell ConvertWithMoss to use a single samples subfolder for all presets in a directory when converting to SFZ (or any destination format that references separate sample files), or can this option be added?

Thanks again for this amazing utility.
Last edited by osofaux on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Can I convert SFZ to sf2 and keep the keyswitch?

Very useful. Many thanks.

osofaux wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:47 pm Hi, I am trying to convert a large library from NKI to SFZ using ConvertWithMoss 7.3.0, where the source library folder contains individual subfolders for banks, and each bank subfolder contains several NKI preset files, plus a single subfolder for all the samples that are shared between the presets in the bank.

When converting to SFZ (and checking the "Create Folder Structure" option) the bank folder structure is retained in the destination, but instead of retaining a single subfolder for the samples, a new samples subfolder is created for each individual preset. This creates a very large amount of unnecessary duplicate files and makes it harder to see all the samples used by the bank in one place.

Is there some way to tell ConvertWithMoss to use a single samples subfolder for all presets in a directory when converting to SFZ (or any destination format that references separate sample files), or can this option be added?

Thanks again for this amazing utility.
I am afraid not. The concept is that each output file is fully self contained.

vibelizard wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:02 pm Can I convert SFZ to sf2 and keep the keyswitch?
Writing SF2 is currently not supported but it is on my todo list.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”