[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.5.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You can try Polyphone to convert SFZ to SF2:

https://www.polyphone-soundfonts.com/

I am not sure the SF2 format even supports keyswitches, though.

moss wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:27 am
osofaux wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:47 pm Hi, I am trying to convert a large library from NKI to SFZ using ConvertWithMoss 7.3.0, where the source library folder contains individual subfolders for banks, and each bank subfolder contains several NKI preset files, plus a single subfolder for all the samples that are shared between the presets in the bank.

When converting to SFZ (and checking the "Create Folder Structure" option) the bank folder structure is retained in the destination, but instead of retaining a single subfolder for the samples, a new samples subfolder is created for each individual preset. This creates a very large amount of unnecessary duplicate files and makes it harder to see all the samples used by the bank in one place.

Is there some way to tell ConvertWithMoss to use a single samples subfolder for all presets in a directory when converting to SFZ (or any destination format that references separate sample files), or can this option be added?

Thanks again for this amazing utility.
I am afraid not. The concept is that each output file is fully self contained.
I understand, thank you for the confirmation. Fortunately I have just found a way to batch edit the converted SFZ files to accomplish this, so I should be good to go.

Hi,

Thanks for your work it seems a great project.

Bug report on the GUI:

On Linux (Ubuntu 23.10) the rectangular boxes which should say "Akai MPC, Bitwig Multisamples, DecentSampler..." have no text on them, it is just a blank rectangle.

But I managed to convert some sfz files into akai keygroups just fine.

pc999 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:15 am Hi,

Bug report on the GUI:

On Linux (Ubuntu 23.10) the rectangular boxes which should say "Akai MPC, Bitwig Multisamples, DecentSampler..." have no text on them, it is just a blank rectangle.

Yes, it is already fixed. Need to release it.

moss wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:19 am
pc999 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:15 am Hi,

Bug report on the GUI:

Yes, it is already fixed. Need to release it.
Nice work :tu:

Thanks

BTW, if I understud it well this can't converted encrypted/proprietary sample packs, so if I buy regular kontakt sample pack from native instruments will I be able to convert them in Bitwig multisamples, or Force keygroups?

How can I know what I can or can't convert?

pc999 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:41 pm How can I know what I can or can't convert?
It's complicated and Moss is best suited to answer, but the quick take would be to see which version of Kontakt the samples say they support. If it is low enough, like v4, you won't have a problem, but v6 and above forget about it.

kidslow wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:08 pm
It's complicated and Moss is best suited to answer, but the quick take would be to see which version of Kontakt the samples say they support. If it is low enough, like v4, you won't have a problem, but v6 and above forget about it.
Thanks for the info.

pc999 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:41 pm BTW, if I understud it well this can't converted encrypted/proprietary sample packs, so if I buy regular kontakt sample pack from native instruments will I be able to convert them in Bitwig multisamples, or Force keygroups?

No, you won't. All NI libraries are encrypted.

moss wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:43 pm
pc999 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:41 pm BTW, if I understud it well this can't converted encrypted/proprietary sample packs, so if I buy regular kontakt sample pack from native instruments will I be able to convert them in Bitwig multisamples, or Force keygroups?

Sorry, I misinterpreted the request as meaning also third party sample packs. You're saying that sample packs produced by NI are all encrypted. That makes sense to me.

moss wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:43 pm

Thanks for the info, with would be quite interesting to covert some of those to friendlier formats.

I have a long wav file containing a lot of "short samples", and then i have a list of all those "short samples" made like this:

Code: Select all

"short sample name", root key, sample start, sample loop point, sample end
(where the three sample data are sample indexes).

Do this program allow to split the original wav in all the "short samples", maybe also writing the the root key and the loop point in the wav tags (acidizing?)
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Parduz wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:02 am I have a long wav file containing a lot of "short samples", and then i have a list of all those "short samples" made like this:

(where the three sample data are sample indexes).

Do this program allow to split the original wav in all the "short samples", maybe also writing the the root key and the loop point in the wav tags (acidizing?)
Sorry, no.

Parduz wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:02 am I have a long wav file containing a lot of "short samples", and then i have a list of all those "short samples" made like this:

With the information you have you can write your own SFZ file pretty easily, making use of the "pitch_keycenter", "offset", "end", "loop_start" and "loop_end" opcodes.

http://sfzformat.com/tutorials/basics

moss wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:05 am Sorry, no.
ok, thanks :)
strogon14 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:33 am With the information you have you can write your own SFZ file pretty easily, making use of the "pitch_keycenter", "offset", "end", "loop_start" and "loop_end" opcodes.
http://sfzformat.com/tutorials/basics
Yup. But i need to phisically split the single wav file, not to load it as an SFZ.
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”