Some presets are sounding so bad in 2.9.10 vs 2.6

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Just bought a new macbook m1 pro and started to transfer all of my windows vst's and stuff on it.
I noticied that now i use an updated version of synthmaster (that look pretty cool!)

A lot of presets are sounding pretty different in terms of volume or stuff, like you'll see on the video attached. I thought it was a mac problem so i downloaded also the update on the PC, and same issue.

By the way, it was really difficult to test out both instances at the same time because you can't change easily the synthmaster dll name. In fact if you change it, synthmaster will not run.

Here is the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ALpoue-ygs

Thanks, hope you can do something to that... Hope i will not have to install an old version that sounds better to me...

Larian

Hi Larian,

Wow! That was a big difference. After that example I would go back to the previous version. However, you might benefit from reinstalling SM2 from scratch. It's worth a shot.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Thanks for your answer!

The problem is from the newer updates, looks like a resonnance bug or something like that because if i turn it down, it sounds better, and closer to the 2.6 preset version.

I would like to install the older version that works for me in my mac, but can't find any version before 2.9.6 on my user area!
And I technically tried to reinstall, even on another laptop as shown!

As I said, when opening a old project with 2.6 and 2.9.10 all presets sounds a little bit different, some are lower in volumes and stuff, but this one with the resonnance, oof pretty harsh!

Is there any way to get 2.6 on my mac?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

We'll look into this issue and get back to you tomorrow.

If you could send us the project file that would help us a lot in debugging the issue(s). Our email is

info AT kv331audio DOT com
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hi,

the bug is happening especially with the lead mammoth from pack EDM Stars Volume 1.
I'll send you projects with instances of synthmaster that sound different between 2.6 and 2.9.10 by mail. (I think only the flp will be enough, will be easier too to send)

Larian

Edit: just sent projects on mail

Larian wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:04 am Hi,

the bug is happening especially with the lead mammoth from pack EDM Stars Volume 1.
I'll send you projects with instances of synthmaster that sound different between 2.6 and 2.9.10 by mail. (I think only the flp will be enough, will be easier too to send)

Larian

Edit: just sent projects on mail
Yes, we were able to reproduce the problem. We will fix it as soon as possible and let you know.

Good to know!
Hope the other smaller changes from other leads will be affected by your fix aswell!
Really great news.
Is it caused by resonnance filter bug? Would like to know for my information :D

Thanks,

Larian

Hi Larian,

The issue is related to VAnalog filter. I'll look into this over the weekend, the fix should come next week.
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi!

Any update ?

Thanks a lot!

Larian

Hi there,

I fixed this issue in v2.9.11. I will post the setup links either tonite or tomorrow. Thank you for your patience!
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi,

Amazing!

Thanks for the reply ;)

I'll test out when links are ready!

Larian

Larian wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:46 pm I'll test out when links are ready!
You can go ahead and download v2.9.11:

https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi,
I just installed v2.9.11 and I have some other problems with presets.
"AMB Dreamy Sequence" in the Factory presets plays no sound with overlapping midi notes. It should play one or the other other overlapping note. "AR Black Magic" (Factory) cuts out the bass part on overlapping notes. I haven't checked any others.

[edit: This problem occurs in both Reaper and Bitwig]

"PD Alpha Juno RL", "PD Enigma Pad" and others in Rob Lee EDM Expansion 2 play only one note of a chord even though VOICES is set to POLY. It's acting as though MONO is selected.

Thanks.

margaret0547 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:39 pm Hi,
I just installed v2.9.11 and I have some other problems with presets.
"AMB Dreamy Sequence" in the Factory presets plays no sound with overlapping midi notes. It should play one or the other other overlapping note. "AR Black Magic" (Factory) cuts out the bass part on overlapping notes. I haven't checked any others.

[edit: This problem occurs in both Reaper and Bitwig]

"PD Alpha Juno RL", "PD Enigma Pad" and others in Rob Lee EDM Expansion 2 play only one note of a chord even though VOICES is set to POLY. It's acting as though MONO is selected.

Thanks.
I am testing this issue write you as soon as possible.

All the best

Thanks for the reply. kv311 responded to these issues here:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=577071
I had started a new thread because It seemed like a different topic.
Anyway, kv311 gave me a solution to the second problem which worked fine, though I'm puzzled why the patches were originally created with the polyphony so low as to make them monophonic.

The first problem with sound cutoff for overlapping notes is still there (see below).
Patch: AMB Dreamy Sequence
I went through all my presets and this only happens with very few.
I appreciate the effort on this, I know it's not a major issue. :)

Return to “KV331 Audio”