Cardinal (open source VCV)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DRMR wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:25 am
100F wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:39 amIs there any other way for me to controle more knobs?
What about using midi? That's another 127 controls right there.
Well, I would change the original question to:
There's (still) no native direct modulation/automation for any arbitrary number of parameter (like it is known from other CLAP plug-ins like SurgeXT or as in VCV), as far as I understand?

I haven’t been able to get cardinal to use the Expert Sleepers ES9 on windows. It doesn’t seem to have the option of loading ASIO devices.I didn’t try it with my Macs. Not sure about core audio support,

Paterfiets wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:45 am Hi, does anybody know if Cardinal will work with an Expert Sleepers ES9 so you can send and receive CV and audio to hardware ?

Ok thanks ! I couldnt find a way either so is guess it isnt possible (yet) unfortunately..

Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:59 pm I haven’t been able to get cardinal to use the Expert Sleepers ES9 on windows. It doesn’t seem to have the option of loading ASIO devices.I didn’t try it with my Macs. Not sure about core audio support,

Ok there is a way to send Cv from Cardinal to the ES-9 using Bitwig, although its not ideal as the voltage levels dont match up.

If you add the missing chains inside the Cardinal device you can then send them to the Grid using audio sidechains and from there send them to the ES/9.

I found that for pitch, dividing the signal by 10 in the Grid gives correct values and for most CV signals lowering the output from Cardinals CV outputs by 12dB gives correct values aswell. But this doesnt seem to be the case for all modules. I guess thats where the ES calibration tool is for, but I dont how to use that with Cardinal as you dont have an option to send the CV back directly.

So if anybody ever want to try this make sure you check the signals and use an oscilloscope as you dont want to damage your ES9..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”