Cardinal (open source VCV)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is there comunity free patches available for cardinal somewhere?

i could find below link but seems just 35 patches there
https://patchstorage.com/platform/cardinal/

Well that's exactly it ^

It's not "just 35 patches", because some of the posts contain up to like 10-15 patches each.

Feel free to add more of course, it can only grow over time.
Last edited by DRMR on Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder if anybody has experienced this issue, I have Cardinal running as an lv2 plugin in the latest version of Reaper, whenever I add a module to the favourites it stays there in that instance, but if I open another Cardinal the favourites are empty again. Is this expected behaviour or have I set something up wrong? Any help greatly appreciated!

Cardinal does not have any global settings that are stored anywhere. So things like favorites are only within that one instance and saved only within the DAW session.

DRMR wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:36 pm Cardinal does not have any global settings that are stored anywhere. So things like favorites are only within that one instance and saved only within the DAW session.
Ah, that makes sense then, thanks for confirming that, was scratching my head there about that one! 🙂 Hopefully this may be a possibility in the future, but if not no worries at all, I often use mindmeld 'strip' to save favourite modules and chains anyway, works really well!

Wow! Was happy to see Surge XT modules being added!

However, am I just blind or are there quite a few missing modules from the Surge module pack? Can't find the normal Envelope nor the Quad Env module. Quad LFO module is missing too.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah! Good to hear. These are incredible additions already. Cardinal is an absolute beast of a synth!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

For the latest release 23.02, the VST3 version is crashing FL Studio 21 on loading the patch made in the previous version. I tried loading the default demo patch - a few load fine, but JTB Waves also crashes the DAW. Is anyone else facing issues?

Edit: Crashes in Bitwig Studio 4.4 as well.

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

falkTX wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:58 pm Are you able to share the patch? Can take a look and try to reproduce.
Also, using Windows or macOS?
Using Windows 11. One of the patch that crashes is an example/demo project that comes with Cardinal named "JTB - Waves".

The other one is a custom patch I made (have attached it as a zip file since KVR does not support uploading .vcv file).

EDIT- It also crashes when adding a Surge XT module in a new patch (I tried Wavetable VCO and Modern VCO - both crashed the DAW)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Those crashes - I was able to reproduce them exactly on LinuxMint running the executable file "Cardinal Native" Standalone (on the fly).

Using a fully up-to-date LinuxMint 20.3 by the way. One of the patches that crashes is the example/demo project that comes with Cardinal named "JTB - Waves".

As described Cardinal crashes also when adding a Surge XT module in a new patch (I too had crashes with Wavetable VCO and Modern VCO).

Besides, the audio is crackly here for a while after launching Cardinal until it seems to stabilize at 512 samples buffer. (I don't use Jack.)

Oh, and I very often get hanging notes, with my Behringer UMX610 MIDI keyboard controller, even with monophonic Cardinal patches. This keyboard is connected via standard MIDI cable to my Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio/MIDI interface.
Cylinder Xeon Hexacore 3,5GHz, 64GB RAM, SSDs. DualBoot Mojave/LinuxMint. Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio. M-Audio Axiom 61.
Ableton Live 10, Cubase Pro 12, Logic Pro X
https://www.youtube.com/@landosonic/videos

Return to “Modular Synthesis”