Cardinal (open source VCV)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That means that you can't connect to _arbitrary_ parameters directly.
However using Host Params Map module you can map the host params to any module knob.

It seems that the SurgeXT modules were fixed) Cool

Alexander137 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:13 pm It seems that the SurgeXT modules were fixed) Cool
Well no, the LTO builds have been disabled for release. The SurgeXT modules are still "broken" in that regard, just not (or at least much less of) an issue for non-LTO builds.

By the way, there is no polyphonic modulation in the clap version, as I understand it?

Hello!
Thank you very much for this amazing piece of software. I am loving the surge modules, I'm even thinking of ditching reaktor over this.
However. I would love to be able to map more than 24 controls. Afaik currently that's a limitation because of the host params module. Am I correct?

Is there any other way for me to controle more knobs? I'd be happy with 48.

Thanks again for this software.

100F wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:39 am Hello!
Thank you very much for this amazing piece of software. I am loving the surge modules, I'm even thinking of ditching reaktor over this.
However. I would love to be able to map more than 24 controls. Afaik currently that's a limitation because of the host params module. Am I correct?

Is there any other way for me to controle more knobs? I'd be happy with 48.

Thanks again for this software.
Hi! Did you try MindMeld Patchmaster module?
You can stack and map as many as you want, AFAIK.

100F wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:39 amIs there any other way for me to controle more knobs?
What about using midi? That's another 127 controls right there.

DRMR wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:25 am
100F wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:39 amIs there any other way for me to controle more knobs?

What about using midi? That's another 127 controls right there.
Does the host midi module do that?

100F wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:03 pm Does the host midi module do that?
You can use either `Host MIDI CC` or `Host MIDI CC Map` modules to convert CC messages into CV or module Parameter controls.

Technically it would be 16x 127 controls, of course.

Is there a way to use the newest version in macOS Mojave (10.14)?
In the release notes it is stated that you need at least Catalina (10.15) under the macOS.
Cylinder Xeon Hexacore 3,5GHz, 64GB RAM, SSDs. DualBoot Mojave/LinuxMint. Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio. M-Audio Axiom 61.
Ableton Live 10, Cubase Pro 12, Logic Pro X
https://www.youtube.com/@landosonic/videos

DRMR wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:07 pm
100F wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:03 pm Does the host midi module do that?
You can use either `Host MIDI CC` or `Host MIDI CC Map` modules to convert CC messages into CV or module Parameter controls.

Technically it would be 16x 127 controls, of course.
Thank you. I will check on that.

Hello.
I'm trying to use polyphony.
But i constatly have stuck notes.
Like i play a chord and one or two notes will stay ringing after i've released all the keys.

Is this a bug?
am i missing something?
thank you.

Hi, does anybody know if Cardinal will work with an Expert Sleepers ES9 so you can send and receive CV and audio to hardware ?

Cardinal includes the ES Encoder modules: https://expert-sleepers.co.uk/vcvrack_encoders.html

Which should help to calibrate the i/o for those devices.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”