Molot GE stability issues with Logic on M1 Big Sur

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually I think I've had issues on Windows too, but it's been a while since I've used that version. Anyhow, I have most TDR plugins and they run flawlessly, Molot on the the other hand seems to create problems with Logic which happen frequently but not all the time.

It's quite common that having an instance of Molot in a Logic project will either kill all audio on initial playback after loading the project, or it will load and play fine, but tweaking certain parameters during playback will suddenly make the DAW go silent (individual track meters still showing output but master bus showing no output).

I remember, I think actually it was in Tracktion Waveform (on M1 in rosetta) that adjusting the SC input frequency during playback would kill the audio instantly every time, so the issues are not confined to Logic. I've not tried this recently, but could try again to recreate the behaviour.

I love the Molot GE, btw, and hope that these issues are ironed out. It's my favourite compressor.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

This likely has nothing to do with M1.

We recently uploaded a silent update addressing urgent issues. Can you redownload and reinstall the latest version for double checking? (version is unchanged, so don't wonder, simply download and install)
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

That appears to have done the job, though since the issue was intermittent it's possible that it'll appear again, but I doubt it given that I've just loaded 4 different projects without problem.

I did check for updated versions every so often and since the version number never changed I had no reason to reinstall. Why have you kept this a 'silent' update if the issues are urgent?
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”