How much money have you spent on plugins?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i second "way too much" lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

vurt wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:18 pm
s28 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:57 pm i think around £700 in 10 years
:o
you win! :party:

not plugins but modular, i spent not too far off that on one oscillator :oops:
thank you Vurt - I'll take that win ha

Lately I'm trying to limit myself to up to $40 per plugin,
also I check if the plugin is not require constant upgrades.

roman.i wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:47 am Lately I'm trying to limit myself to up to $40 per plugin,
I don't really care how much it costs if it does what it does really well.
I actually have everything I'll ever need. So I limit myself to stuff that is in a radical way different to the stuff I already have.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:08 pm
roman.i wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:47 am Lately I'm trying to limit myself to up to $40 per plugin,
I don't really care how much it costs if it does what it does really well.
I actually have everything I'll ever need. So I limit myself to stuff that is different to the stuff I already have.
Exactly! Who cares as long as you're having fun, loving and enjoying your hobby. The money I have spent on hardware and software could have easily been sent on useless, less important crap.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Someone dissed me once for owning around thirty five bomber jackets… you can imagine what my plugin folder looks like.
I’m definitely the Imelda Marcos of audio software.

:hihi:
kelvyn wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:22 pm Someone dissed me once for owning around thirty five bomber jackets… you can imagine what my plugin folder looks like.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

zero money.

only because i'm on a supertight budget
if disposable cash is available
i would buy lots of plugins
but not before i buy real instruments
like a grand piano and electric guitars, etc

as it is, a lot of freeware are pretty good
and it will have to do
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I've unfortunately spent thousands, but I'd say there's been more spent on sample libraries than actualy plug-ins. I have slowed down massively now though. Over the last couple of years, I think I've only upgraded Smart Compressor and bought a couple of Neural DSP plug-ins on sale. A few Rhythmic Robot instruments too. I may have updated Komplete Ultimate last year too, but didn't this year. I've probably spent more than I think, but I have slowed down.

Even though I have spent a lot over the years, I can't say that I've regretted all that many purchases as I'm either still using them or using them has led me to something I am still using.

As for how much I've made, nothing close to what I have spent.

kelvyn wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:22 pm Someone dissed me once for owning around thirty five bomber jackets… you can imagine what my plugin folder looks like.
Love that...

I spent also quite a lot... But I have 2 excuses:
1 - I am a "software only" believer (with the superb side effect ==> I can travel with my studio).
2 - Buying VST gives me a lot of pleasure ! It is not about utility... It is having a new toy.

I got the komplete kontakt collectors edition and am not using it enough :(

Time to revive this thread after black friday. :P
Spent ~4k in ~10 years, this includes all audio software and upgrades.

Over €7000 since 2004, but many of these are also updates. I've paid over 2k for Cubase and all the updates alone :cry:

DAWs? Maybe $250 over the years

Plugins? Only about $100 so far.

Recording Hardware? Probably about $1000 or a little more.

Guitars and amps and such? We don't speak of such things.

4damind wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:06 am Over €7000 since 2004, but many of these are also updates. I've paid over 2k for Cubase and all the updates alone :cry:
That's the thing with these "every year a paid version" business schemes: They resemble subscriptions, especially when you pay more when you skip a few versions, like with Cubase.

200 € for an upgrade from any former version of Cubase up to Cubase 11 to the latest version. :o

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”