How much money have you spent on plugins?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sergepajic wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:13 am After a 10 year break making music, I now have plugin GAS instead of hardware
Plug-in gas is terrible.

And FS items in KVR are terrible too.

Now I see u-he hive 2 is sold by somebody at 50usd. That's insane.

(I am just answering you so you can answer me and have another message 😉)

10K in ten years probably.
<List your stupid gear here>

Not much, as I came back to making music recently and back then I was not able to spend a lot. But this time I am planning to do my research, before buying plugins. Although I have to admit, that it is really hard to resist, when you are swamped with emails containing offers on Black Friday etc.

Far too much!

Cubase and it's upgrade prices cost me more
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

A lot.

probably around 2-3k€

I do music and audio as my only living so they honestly paid for themselves a long time ago

In total probably...About 500€. But I got some of the money back by selling them...I usually try to sell plugins I never use / that are redundant, with a few exceptions.

The number might go up in the future, though, as I'm planning to add more sample libraries, which might add another 500€ or so.

Jac459 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:14 am
Sergepajic wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:13 am After a 10 year break making music, I now have plugin GAS instead of hardware
Plug-in gas is terrible.

Thanks mate! I just realised you responded to did this. I'm just getting the hang of forums. I never really used to participate in forums until KVR. But yeah KVR Buy/Sell for plugins has become my new hoby :? for better or worse.

Sergepajic wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:29 am
Plug-in gas is terrible.

Thanks mate! I just realised you responded to did this. I'm just getting the hang of forums. I never really used to participate in forums until KVR. But yeah KVR Buy/Sell for plugins has become my new hoby :? for better or worse.
If you haven't yet, buy avenger 2.... I think it is the best plugin money can buy today.

Jac459 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:42 am
Sergepajic wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:29 am
Plug-in gas is terrible.

If you haven't yet, buy avenger 2.... I think it is the best plugin money can buy today.
It hasn't been on my radar, but I'll definitely check it out now. I also recommend Moog Mariana, I can't believe how good it sounds!

Hello all. There are too many I want and not enough money. I've only spent, maybe $500. Trying not to go too deep in the rabbit hole lol.

I recently calculated that I spent about 800 € average per year for the last 3 years. So, considering that I started to seriously spend money on this hobby about 8 or 9 years ago, that would probably total to roughly 4.000 to 5.000 €.

Good thing I never got into hardware, because, with the demand I have, that would probably only be enough for 2 or 3 synths. :P

Less than my phone bill.*

*Since I got back into music, on a per month average

And this is with fairly bad GAS. For example, I just bought Model 82 without demo-ing (unusual for me), mostly because it was $19, and I have Modular. I thought it would be my go to for non-dirty house basslines, but I'm not super impressed. Probably due to user error and only testing the presets so far (which Softube does not excel at).

I don't even want to know 🙈

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”