How much money have you spent on plugins?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hmm i havent really thought about it to add it up before but i guess maybe 500 if im adding the ones i can remember. actually probably more i forgot that i own serum and rc-20 from splice and thats like 300 already. plus i have ableton suite not sure if the effects and devices that come with that count as plug ins but lmfao now i kind of wanna actually add it all up :|

Probably around 400-500. :o
I was thinking of selling one of the plugin I bought years ago but found out that according to EULA,
the way in which I purchased forbids me from doing so. :dog: :x

Jac459 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:42 am If you haven't yet, buy avenger 2.... I think it is the best plugin money can buy today.
Do they have a demo version? Thought I'd give it a peek cus why not, but I can't find a demo installer on their webpage.
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

PebbleInAStream wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:53 pm
Jac459 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:42 am If you haven't yet, buy avenger 2.... I think it is the best plugin money can buy today.
Do they have a demo version? Thought I'd give it a peek cus why not, but I can't find a demo installer on their webpage.
No, that's a thing a lot of people are asking for indeed...

You can watch the tutorial videos. There is one about the oscillators and routing, you will quickly understand the power and if "this" kind of power is useful for you or not.

I've paid £101.75 for six new plugins in various Leap Year Sales this weekend ... less than £17 each :ud:

Probably around $100-$150/year. I have a bunch of random cheap or freebies ones I've picked up over the years that have a sound I'm sure no one's using. I also wait for Black Friday sales

~1000 euros.

In my lifetime 1.500. But the curve gets degrading. I wish there was a way to test Omnisphere, cause then I'd figure out if it's worth it and compatible. I recently had a funny one with the Korg Demos that wouldn't let me route midi into them with reaper as an example and compared to Xpand2 they have taken a little more cpu (whih is not that drastic in my case except for orchestral projects)

If you are in the USA, I would suggest checking a Guitar Center location near you and see if Omnisphere is available to try.

composingkeys3 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:45 pm If you are in the USA, I would suggest checking a Guitar Center location near you and see if Omnisphere is available to try.
I found more luck with Sam Ash having a demo run with. GC has turned into a bunch of clerks that just take orders now.
Also, if you find one that wants to but is having problems setting it up on their system, contact Spectrasonics and tell them the location. In my case they actually made sure that location was up and running on their software after I reported problems there.

So far, this year, 70€ to upgrade Kontakt. Last year was quite moderate. Everything I own with the exception of Best Service libraries that require Engine are now ARM compatible.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Probably about £500 per year average
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

At this point I can comfortably say: less than on hardware.

I am too afraid to calculate the exact amount but: too much. Nexus 2,VPS Avenger, Xfer Serum, Halion6, Synthmaster, Ana 1&2, Cytomic The Glue... And many more.

I had a bad habit buying lots of useless plug-ins I never even used. But too much.

All of it! :scared: Not really. I have spent far less than on outboard gear and guitar pedals by orders of magnitude, but, I'm just getting started 8)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”