TAL-Drum (v2.3.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Drum

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-drum

64 Pads (16, 32, or 64 Pad views)
8 layers/mappings per pad (velocity, round-robin)
16 Stereo Outputs
Loop slicing (by grid or transient)
Modulation (2 * AHDSR, LFO, Spline Env)
Time Stretch (Smooth, Crisp, vintage AK4I)
Real-Time Lo-Fi effects
Recording (via sidechain)
Sample / Kit browser
Mix view
Drag and drop
CLAP version
and more..

https://tal-software.com//downloads/doc ... Manual.pdf

Last edited by neverbeeninariot on Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 34 times in total.

Would be super cool if this could load Battery 3 kits.

how cool :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

On board seq/patterns?

AnX wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:53 pm On board seq/patterns?
None that I see, 'just' a sampler.

▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒░░▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▒▒░░▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▓▓░░▒▒░░░░░░▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

"Record audio and create samples directly in the plugin"

That sounds like a cool feature.

"More than 20 Factory kits and more than 600 samples by Goldbaby, emptyvesse, Solidtrax and Saif Sameer"

Nice, can never have too many drum samples.

"Super lightweight. The installer only copies the plugin to the plug-in location"

A bit confusing because where do the 600 samples reside?

$48 is a good intro price. Not something I really need but that's an impulse buy price so I'll give the demo a go....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

noiseresearch wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:01 pmA drum synth by TAL that would be something.
That's what I was hoping for when I read the thread title. I have too many drum samplers already. But a TAL drum synth would've been very tempting.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:10 pm
noiseresearch wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:01 pmA drum synth by TAL that would be something.
That's what I was hoping for when I read the thread title. I have too many drum samplers already. But a TAL drum synth would've been very tempting.
Agreed, I was trying to convince him to add this (I tried to sell it as a Tremor replacement), maybe one day he will do it.
rsp
sound sculptist

"Record audio and create samples directly in the plugin"

Bit of a gimmick though. This is very easy to do in any DAW.

I'm not in the market for a drum sampler (already have enough of those), but, I wouldn't buy this anyway. I don't like the GUI much.

Finally released !!!
I was a beta tester and thoroughly enjoyed it ( still do actually )
Patrick was so open to suggestions and feedback , and most importantly TAl Drum is awesome .
Tal is absolutely Top Notch stuff !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

chk071 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:25 pm "Record audio and create samples directly in the plugin"
Bit of a gimmick though. This is very easy to do in any DAW.
Sure you could just just add samples in the timeline of any DAW. No need for a Drum Plugin.

I think the key word there is "directly" supposedly making it easier to create samples than using your DAW.

I haven't tried making samples yet because the demo white noise is driving me nuts.

"(demo has one kit)"

I can't find it. No big deal as I have a million drum samples but it would be nice to get a feel for the included content since there's always room for more drum samples.

I don't know if it's a demo limitation but while you can select a custom pad color I can't figure out how to save the selection. Hitting enter does nothing which one would expect to be the proper key.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:37 pm Finally released !!!
I was a beta tester and thoroughly enjoyed it ( still do actually )
Patrick was so open to suggestions and feedback , and most importantly TAl Drum is awesome .
Tal is absolutely Top Notch stuff !
So indeed we were talking about the same product :)
rsp
sound sculptist

noiseresearch wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:01 pm Looks nice although I'll skip this. Don't need a sampler. A drum synth by TAL that would be something
Ah, totally missed that too... Pass then for me.

wondering how it is compared to NUANCE?
i love VICE and Nuance but still no timestretch features there
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”