TAL-Drum (v2.3.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Drum

kmonkey wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:48 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:47 pm
kmonkey wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:54 am I am trying it out before purchasing. This product was advocated pretty hard by a friend of mine so I want to see what is happening. Is this a bug (windows VST 3 version - 2.0.9)?

1. Load empty Tal-Drum and load a single sample in the first cell (bottom left)
2. go to Pad MATRIX and assign ENV 1 to Tune
3. Save a single pad for later use

now here is my issue. Go to the TAL browser and find that saved Pad preset.

1. load that pad to any slot. and go visit MATRIX

ENV 1 to Tune is not assigned anymore. Instead, is LFO Uniploar assigned to Pan? That surely should not happen. Seems like a bug where parameters shifted on saving or loading.

(p.s. It seems like great software, much better for me than the Battery I used for a decade.
Confirmed.

Have you sent a bug report to Patrick? (https://tal-software.com/contactsupport)
No nope! I couldn't realize am I doing something wrong + I was under the impression it might be copy protection or demo restriction.

I'll do that immediately then. Thanks for confirming.

Thanks. Fantastic software so far.
Thanks for the report. This is fixed in the latest version:
https://tal-software.com/products/tal-drum
TAL Software GmbH
https://tal-software.com/

Yep, they responded and it is fixed. Just tested it. Download version 2.1.0 from their website and all fine.

Version 2.1.0 / 02.08.2023

* Some parameters of a saved single pad do not load the right way fixed.
* Minor fixes.

There's a new update:

Version 2.2.0 / 08.03.2024

※ Improved overall usability in the wave and mapping editor.
※ Attack shape parameter added.
※ Text edit for start, stop, and loop parameters.
※ Text edit for matrix amount.
※ Improved real-time modulation view on knobs.
※ Wrong recording threshold fixed.
※ Drag and drop from explorer loads on the wrong pad fixed.
※ DC offset because of a too-low HP filter frequency fixed.

can TAL Drum also slice samples/loops like VICE?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:22 pm can TAL Drum also slice samples/loops like VICE?
Of course!

Interestingly that you mention VICE...
Early Beta's didn't have slicing and i suggested to him, he add slicing to it like VICE (one of the examples I have suggested to him to take a look at)
rsp
sound sculptist

If I wanted to have a drum hit, say for example a "snare", with 8 velocity layers and 4 round robins, is it possible with Tal-Drum? Apisonic Labs' Speedrum 2 can do this with 16 layers, and I wanted to double-check because I didn't think this was possible with Tal-Drum. Then, after some thought, I started to think it may be possible with Tal-Drum as well. So, I want to check to see if I am right.

So, if I were to use 2 groups of 4 pads (each) as a round robin, set to the same midi channel to each group, each with 4 velocity layers, would I be able to set up 8 velocity layers by setting the velocity layers of the first group of pads to the 4 higher velocities, and the second group to the 4 lower velocities?

In other words, the two round-robin groups set to the same midi channel would act as one "snare" drum, but would trigger round robins based on the velocity range of the hit. It also seems that in theory, if one wanted to, the pad groups could be doubled to 4 groups of 4 (16 pads), giving a single drum a round robin of 4 and a 16 velocity ranges.

Would this theoretically work?
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

ATM 4 layers in TAL-Drums is possible for 1 slot.
Made in Ukraine: https://www.andivax.com

Don't see from the product page, but as I understand there is no Decay shape parameter?

Igro wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:07 pm Don't see from the product page, but as I understand there is no Decay shape parameter?
It has Attack Shape. But no Decay shape.
Why do you need one?
Made in Ukraine: https://www.andivax.com

andivax wrote:

Why do you need one?
For the exact same reason why someone wants an attack shape param.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

andivax wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:15 pm
Igro wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:07 pm Don't see from the product page, but as I understand there is no Decay shape parameter?
Why do you need one?
Are you serious? It is a drum sampler. This is where you want a precise control over a decay of you drum samples. You know, even ordinary synths have one.

I'm not the only one who skipped it, because of this.

FWIW, there's a dedicated amp envelope & 3 assignable envelopes per pad (Env1, Env2 & Mod Env), the latter can have multiple points with customizable curves.
TAL-Drum envs 2024-03-11 (6).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by phreaque on Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

it's got an AHDSR for every sample slot

Return to “Instruments”