Problem with custom player

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Whenever I generate a custom player server-side the serial protection system breaks. (VST2 / VST3 WIN).
The custom player generated version is 2.8.2 and when I open the VST2 or VST3 it only drops a popup saying "Serial number is invalid" and it doesn't ask for the serial, no input box and the instrument loads anyways and I can play it without a serial number.
If I download Maize Sample Player (which is 2.8.1) instead of making a custom one, it won't load the instrument (shows the serial input box with the player loading animation) without the correct serial number, as it should be.
Is that a common issue? Even if I'm using the latest 2.8.1 version the custom player generated on the server is 2.8.2.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by stereocloud on Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stereocloud wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:29 pm Hi,

Whenever I generate a custom player server-side the serial protection system breaks. (VST2 / VST3 WIN).
The custom player generated version is 2.8.2 and when I open the VST2 or VST3 it only drops a popup saying "Serial number is invalid" and it doesn't ask for the serial, no input box, but the instrument loads anyways and I can play it without a serial number.
If I download Maize Sample Player (which is 2.8.1) instead of making a custom one, it won't load the instrument (shows the serial input box with the player loading animation) without the correct serial number, as it should be.
Is that a common issue? Even if I'm using the latest 2.8.1 version the custom player generated on the server is 2.8.2.

Thanks in advance
Hey mate, ask for MuzikMan in Catalina and Big Sur thread...he will answer that...

Digital coconut wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:14 pm
stereocloud wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:29 pm Hi,

The custom player generated version is 2.8.2 and when I open the VST2 or VST3 it only drops a popup saying "Serial number is invalid" and it doesn't ask for the serial, no input box, but the instrument loads anyways and I can play it without a serial number.

Thanks in advance
Hey mate, ask MuzikMan in Catalina and Big Sur thread...he will answer that...

I just tried with the latest version of 2.8.2 and the serial number is working fine. First it says "Serial number is invalid" and then the box appears to put the code. The version was updated again yesterday, try the latest version from the Maize page.

Oh, I just realized that if you enter a wrong code it also works. But the box appears in this latest version. Hopefully it will be fixed in a new update.

I'll give it a try with the new version :) I hope the serial issue will be fixed in the near future. I think the reason that the input box wasn't showing for me is that I already had a serial entered previously and it has been saved in appdata.
Thank you

I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶o̶v̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶2̶.̶8̶.̶2̶ ̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶t̶r̶u̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶r̶u̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶v̶o̶l̶u̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶b̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶?̶ ̶D̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶?̶
Nevermind, I'm an idiot

I just tried that and had the same problem with the instrument gain knob. I tried using the group gain knob and it works fine.

Exactly, but this problem has been carried over from previous releases. The way I figured is that I've been using a knob to control the gain of every group (selected all) instead of Instrument gain. It does the same job (I hope) :)

I've been doing more tests with the license key and I found that if you put the wrong key, it asks you for the license key every time you open it and it's quite annoying for the user.. so that's ok. But it would be better if it is also muted.

(And also, another good point is that sometimes it crashes with the wrong license, at least in Ableton/Windows)

Return to “Maizesoft”