Korg Wavestate and Opsix for Win/Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sound sculptist

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... state_mk2/

I wonder if the native plugin will be bumped up to the latest specs.

--
Marco

zvenx wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:44 pm I hate omnisphere with its thousands of presets has a 1-5 rating.. I have to stop and say, I like it yes, how much.. I personally prefer a simpler binary scale.
I also prefer binary favourites. Although you could always use the Omnisphere rating to indicate something else. One means pop/edm, two for another genre etc. Or one is for track one you are working on, and two for another track you are experimenting with.

A couple of months back I sent some sounds over to a friend and he saw all my one-star markings and he thought I was overly critical on myself :)
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:56 pm ......
A couple of months back I sent some sounds over to a friend and he saw all my one-star markings and he thought I was overly critical on myself :)

Lol..rsp
sound sculptist

vulpes777 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:40 pm https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... state_mk2/

Isn't it just an increased voice count?

dumbledog wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:37 pm
vulpes777 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:40 pm https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... state_mk2/

Isn't it just an increased voice count?
That, and the factory library has been expanded and overall largerly reworked because the extended keybed on the SE finally supports channel aftertouch.

Also, PLATINUM SKIN DLC :party:

j/k

--
Marco

Apparently they havent been released yet? So maybe an upgraded native will happen then.

rsp
sound sculptist

Not gonna lie I don't hate the platinum skin but good call on the factory library. Loopop says the 'standard' mk ii still doesn't have aftertouch, and I was going by that.

sound sculptist

I love Korg Collection 4, but didn’t have any of the newer “native” synths. Tried them all and Wavestate was the clear winner for me. Bought it this morning and I am going to use this thing a lot.

Am I wrong but didn’t the opsix keyboard actually come with a code or coupon for the opsix software for free?

tdm71 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:33 pm Am I wrong but didn’t the opsix keyboard actually come with a code or coupon for the opsix software for free?
I don't think it was free, but with $49 purchase.

And time limited.

Initially even at that price I thought I might have wasted money, having already got the hw, but recently I've been using the native quite a bit more and money now well spent. There's so much modulation etc possible in Wavestate that there are definite advantages in using the sw, even if only for automation in the DAW. Normally I hate mouse programming and use hw in preference but native most certainly has its advantages. Easier to program as well - the little screen on the hw is still a bit too small IMO. Kinda begs the question why they couldn't put a bigger screen on the mk2 hw version - there's a shitload of empty space on it now.

Opsix for me is already a classic.

I bought the native opsix plugin last year when it was released. I have an M1 Mac running logic and none of my other plugins cause any crackling or cpu overloads, but the opsix does, to the extend that it is basically unusable. was there ever any update that might have fixed this? I have to resort to using the HW opsix which is fine but its easier to use the plugin.

Return to “Instruments”