FR: different Live Sync Modes for scene playback and sequence recording

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is not a bug. As explained above.

mutools wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:38 am It is not a bug. As explained above.
ok, you can say it´s a feature ?
that´s a joke, hahaha
but i think the result say for itself what´s wrong
Last edited by Hermu on Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

It is not a bug. A bug is something that does not work as intended. This aspect works as intended. As discussed above we seem to have a conceptual disagreement. I'm curious for other opinions.

mutools wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:39 am It is not a bug. A bug is something that does not work as intended. This aspect works as intended. As discussed above we seem to have a conceptual disagreement. I'm curious for other opinions.
i think the recording result say for itself what´s wrong, and can be easy fixed but you want not to do that

it´s denial of reality

Hermu wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:31 am it´s denial of reality
we have over 900 views on this topic, but no one has posted here ?

Hermu wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:31 am it´s denial of reality
we have over 900 views on this topic, but no one has posted here, whats going wrong ?

"Quantisation" doesn't mean "delete all the time not used" -- it means "align to the start of the next". So if you start after "1", you'll get silence until "2". That's correct behaviour in my understanding.

If you're understanding something else, it's not what I'd call "quantisation".

pljones wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:54 pm "Quantisation" doesn't mean "delete all the time not used" -- it means "align to the start of the next". So if you start after "1", you'll get silence until "2". That's correct behaviour in my understanding.

If you're understanding something else, it's not what I'd call "quantisation".
no, it´s a live sync quantization and this says only, start on next bar or stop on next bar if a bar is selected. but it says not, add a bar if user hit recording button to early or to late.

Nothing "added a bar".

pljones wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:10 am Nothing "added a bar".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, it's been quantised.

pljones wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:40 pm Yes, it's been quantised.
maybe in your logical thinking, but the recording result is wrong !
it´s realy easy to understand, recording can always start on next bar, but MuLab implementation starts with recording on previous bar, if user does not hit recording button exact on playhead bar position and this is practical impossible to use.
if you hit the record button, only sync quantization time is started and after playhead reaches next bar and only this is the real recording starting point.
also live sync dialog box can completly removed, because smallest live sequence size is 1 bar.

Having been pointed here by Hermu via my Bug thread, I think the point being made is that the recording process is filling the space between or size of the sequence above it, instead of creating a sequence that should be...
  • Press Record and start of sequence is created, even if after the start of the sequence above it.
  • Press Record and end of sequence is created, even if before the end of the sequence above it.
It's the same in the composer.
  • Create a loop using markers,
  • Any size, larger the better but lets say 8 bar loop,
  • Press record and play a 2 bar riff,
  • Press record again to stop recording.
Notice that you press record, play two bars, press record. But instead of a 2 bar sequence, you get an 8 bar sequence. So you always have to set loop points before recording.

Although I see the problem Hermu is having, I am happy with it as is, because I tend to create loops the size of the loop points.

Return to “MUTOOLS”