CLAP 1.0 betas for ACE, Diva, Hive, MFM 2.5

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:06 pm We'll also be adding Bazille
That is music to my ears... :love: :love: :love:

I have the new 3rd Wave synth coming in the next few weeks, but I'm more excited about a CLAP version of Bazille!

billcarroll wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:38 pm Any word on the next CLAP BETA versions?

I was just in Berlin this last week and would have loved to have dropped by u-he and Bitwig offices to say hi, but I ran out of time. I'll be back soon. Any user groups in Berlin?
We had a Bitwig user group, before the shut downs… Time to revive it…

I could not find out if this has been reported before. But since Biywig 4.3.8 there seems to be a massive problem in the Diva CLAP version with missing note off messages. I have some arpeggio style midi clips and after some loops one note plays forever. I have to close and reopen the whole project to make it stop. Has anyone the same issue?

arsc wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:23 pm I could not find out if this has been reported before. But since Biywig 4.3.8 there seems to be a massive problem in the Diva CLAP version with missing note off messages. I have some arpeggio style midi clips and after some loops one note plays forever. I have to close and reopen the whole project to make it stop. Has anyone the same issue?
I just tried using Diva (CLAP beta) in Bitwig 4.3.8 (M1 Mac Monterey) and was unable to get hanging notes.

Btw, if you do get hanging notes, you can de-activate Diva to stop them... no need to close and open the whole project.

arsc wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:23 pm I could not find out if this has been reported before. But since Biywig 4.3.8 there seems to be a massive problem in the Diva CLAP version with missing note off messages. I have some arpeggio style midi clips and after some loops one note plays forever.
Hmm, Bitwig had fixed an issue in connection with stuck notes in a recent version, I think it was version 4.3.4.
Maybe some later change caused that fix to break.
Can you contact our support, so we can investigate this?

https://u-he.com/support/#contact
That QA guy from planet u-he.

FYI Vital now is available as CLAP plugin, too!

Urs in another CLAP thread you teased that there were special plans for Repro CLAP, which is why it was left to last. You said you could give details in your forum. Care to elaborate? It's definitely the one I'm most looking forward to getting a CLAP version of.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:48 pm FYI Vital now is available as CLAP plugin, too!
It does not display correctly in Bitwig on Mac

Pretty sure that you already realized this, in case not, the undo seems to be broken in the CLAP version of Hive. I preset undo, nothing happens. Now I press redo, and it is undoing, or something... :roll:

Yes, there were a lot of unfinished tasks regarding undo/redo.
We meanwhile implemented lots and lots of undo/redo stuff, I think a few minor issues still exist, but it will mostly work in the next beta.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

If we get a bugless CLAP version of Diva by year's end I will be happy as a clown :clown:

should definitely happen

Sound Author wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:16 pm If we get a bugless CLAP version of Diva by year's end I will be happy as a clown :clown:
But clowns are often sad, they make other people happy though…

Btw. I can’t test Diva CLAP as long it does not support expressions. Do we get another test version before the end of the year?
It was promised to be supported in the next beta in two weeks, but that was maybe 3 months ago… If just that is implemented in the mean time, I could be a happy bug hunter…

Sure, there'll be a new version shortly. Unfortunately none of our plug-ins will support the pitch sliding NoteExpression in Bitwig Studio in the near future. For that we need a major refactoring, and that probably won't happen this year anymore.

Urs wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:42 pm Sure, there'll be a new version shortly. Unfortunately none of our plug-ins will support the pitch sliding NoteExpression in Bitwig Studio in the near future. For that we need a major refactoring, and that probably won't happen this year anymore.
It's a bummer that the CLAP versions wont support MPE anytime soon... it's an exercise in patience :hihi:

Return to “u-he”