The Studio Log - What Did You Do In The Studio

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Having fun with Europa got me thinking. I’m going to steal and adapt Benge’s “Twenty Systems” album concept for soft synths. Each track of an album to be made with just one synth including all drums and percussion. Effects on top from any source though. Also it’d be tough for me to go back to what 2004 had to offer in the soft synths world so not sure if chronological is a good idea or not.

Got a Europa track mostly done and started on a fun 5/4 thing using just Chromaphone 3.

Thinking of calling it “The Software Parade”.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Added some synth to the next song, and some sound adjustments.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:51 pm Having fun with Europa got me thinking. I’m going to steal and adapt Benge’s “Twenty Systems” album concept for soft synths. Each track of an album to be made with just one synth including all drums and percussion. Effects on top from any source though. Also it’d be tough for me to go back to what 2004 had to offer in the soft synths world so not sure if chronological is a good idea or not.

Got a Europa track mostly done and started on a fun 5/4 thing using just Chromaphone 3.

Thinking of calling it “The Software Parade”.
you cannot petition the lord with powerpoint presentations!

vurt wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:11 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:51 pm Thinking of calling it “The Software Parade”.
you cannot petition the lord with powerpoint presentations!
Word!

Are you safe?

Updated Bim, Bam, and Boum. Got stuck on Bam. OTO machines added the Bloom sound from Alesis Midiverb and an interesting take on spring reverb with what they call Boing. Boing sounds great, and I don't care about spring authenticity, as it just sounds good.

I added in CBA's Lossy pedal. I'm still short two EBS ICY cables to make it all fit. It would be better if I could buy the 100cm one, but I can't find a dealer with it in the US. I still don't roll my own, but that would be another solution.

I'm still adding shortcuts to the Stream Deck. I should have gotten one a long time ago.

I'm also swapping out Syntakt with an e25 Syntakt. It's shinier but does the same thing the other one did!

elxsound wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:12 pm Bim, Bam, and Boum.
are you describing a missile test? :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:11 pm
elxsound wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:12 pm Bim, Bam, and Boum.
are you describing a missile test? :hihi:
:lol:

Those are my favorite names for any product series! It’s just fun to say. Thankfully they sound good too!

Finished up a riddim and shot a live dub mix video of it, uploaded on YouTube, a bit of fun!

I received a Rode AI Micro, bought 2nd hand from another forum and finally set it up.

Well… it works! Tiny little thing, but will be fun to record direct to the iPad, iPhone, or laptop whenever I want it. It’s not a perfect device, but for $45 (used), I just extended my quick recording capabilities.

Today I’m hoping to start recording some reminder videos on different pieces. Like Tempi, Morphagene, CVilization, and maybe Hector. I should add Spectraphon and Syntakt too, but not yet. I just want a quick reference without all the talking BS in various YT videos. Quick reference because of what I forget when I don’t use something for a bit.

DMG68 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:33 pm Finished up a riddim and shot a live dub mix video of it, uploaded on YouTube, a bit of fun!
Anything you’d share, or do you prefer to keep the KVR/YT personas separate?

elxsound wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:39 pm
DMG68 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:33 pm Finished up a riddim and shot a live dub mix video of it, uploaded on YouTube, a bit of fun!
I didn’t want to spam the thread, but I don’t mind sharing. This is a simple track in 80s ‘digital’ style.

https://youtu.be/OsYzNgzo60k?si=TFM8YsuIJnwLAxH3

DMG68 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:18 pm
I didn’t want to spam the thread, but I don’t mind sharing. This is a simple track in 80s ‘digital’ style.

I that’s just providing context and not spamming! :tu:

Nice one! Love the tamed highs and well controlled saturation.

feedback loops, see cafe!

elxsound wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:19 pm
DMG68 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:18 pm

I that’s just providing context and not spamming! :tu:

Nice one! Love the tamed highs and well controlled saturation.
Thanks for taking the time to listen, glad you liked it.

Picked up the new Sinevibes ‘integer’ effect - it’s like a crazy bucket brigade powerhouse and it just seems to make everything sound much more interesting.
Only cost about £20 with the 20% loyalty discount. Well worth it.

Not much new song progress was made, I was mostly playing “Cherub Rock” on my guitar through the Plini X plugin once I discovered a preset on there named “Cherub Rock”.

Are you safe?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”