The Studio Log - What Did You Do In The Studio

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a place to post a log what you did in the studio today.

Doesn't have to be much, maybe you just checked out out some sounds or put down a track or two.

Also, post tracks/experiments/ruff mixes you are working on to get feedback.
(Tunes not ready for Music Cafe)

What did you do in your studio today?
Last edited by PatchAdamz on Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

not today, but last night (studio time is end of day)

spent a couple of hours getting in to visual synth. working out the different ways of triggering visuals and fx. fun stuff indeed.
got a piece that looks like one of those old oil projectors, changing colours with the sound spectrum 8)

cleaned
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

this week:

* hooked up power for the very last things I want to keep on the desktop
* hooked up USB for the very last things I want to keep on the (other) desktop[/list]
* completely failed to get my Sensel Morph to talk to the SenselApp on my DAW, but it does still work for MIDI, and I can use SenselApp on my other system so meh, given up.
* fixed my Doepfer A-117 digital noise module
* wrote and tested a batch sample-conversion tool for my electribe ES-1
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

oops, forgot one.

* infilled the illegible etched labelling on my MicroGranny Noir with white china pencil

Spent the morning working on the second track for a new CD.

Doing a lot of things differently on this one.

Sometimes I will have an idea in mind of how something should sound, then that idea might evolve in mind for a long time, sometimes years before it actually is born as a track.

For this project many such ideas all came into existence at the same time.

One of the final steps for these ideas to take form are the production techniques that have to be built.

This always mean getting educated in all the tools, techniques and processes required to make it happen.

Essentially, all the instruments including drums and most effects on this project are completely new to my music making procedures.

Then its time for the creative process....

Just completed song 2.

tonight, more modular into vs experiments.
see happy thread for one result.
not that anyone is interested :hihi:

I charged the battery and put it back in the Variax guitar. That was enough effort for one day

Checking threw some field recordings to use as samples for a new song.

OK, spent several hours working on a new tune.

I think its about 95% completed and I like how the new songs are shaping up.
More Ambient then previous tunes and much more sound design going into all the parts.

Looking forward to seeing how it evolves......

Downloading NI upgrade.......
Last edited by PatchAdamz on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Built fourteen piezo mics; two with 1/4" jacks for the field recorder, the other dozen with 3.5mm sockets, mostly for permanent mounting on things like kalimbas, and for spring/noise boxes and suchlike.

awesome patch on the "make noise trio" plus mimeophone.

Made some updates to a backing track my singer is currently writing lyrics for.

Spent a few hours trying to emulate a variety of train horns with my son (he’s a huge railfanner) on my Minilogue XD and Rev2 with decent results.

Made a bunch of bass sounds on my newly acquired SE-1X Nova Edition (such a kickass synth!)
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Monkeyed about with a Ripples clone module I just added to my main Eurorack rack and tried to get used to the Performer hardware sequencer, followed a few decent online tutorials that showed how you can change all sorts of stuff in tracks based on incoming CV.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”