Black Rooster Audio - Announcement (M1 Support & New Releases)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's good news. I bought the complete bundle for my own Xmas present and have been trying out the different EQ's

Isn't this one of the two or three remaining “serious” devs that still haven't managed VST3 support?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Yeah. I stopped using them. Not having VST3 in 2024 is because of a few possible reasons and none of them are reassuring me they are a valid developer for me to invest time in.

Selecting which plugins to use is not only about the sound but also about future proofing your work and maximizing the value of the time you spend getting really comfortable with gear.

The experience from way back, feeling forced to let go of Waves, has made me cautious in this aspect.

Sibben wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:35 pm Yeah. I stopped using them. Not having VST3 in 2024 is because of a few possible reasons and none of them are reassuring me they are a valid developer for me to invest time in.

Selecting which plugins to use is not only about the sound but also about future proofing your work and maximizing the value of the time you spend getting really comfortable with gear.

The experience from way back, feeling forced to let go of Waves, has made me cautious in this aspect.
Waves happens to be the most future proof of all for what it’s worth

I'd like an update too, Black Rooster are you out there? What should we expect going forward? How's VST3 coming, now that VST2 is being killed off?

Agreed wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:45 pm I'd like an update too, Black Rooster are you out there? What should we expect going forward? How's VST3 coming, now that VST2 is being killed off?
MM I'd like to hear something too - i have the bundle and like them a lot

I had a major problem with Edelweiss saved presets parameters going completely randomized when switching between them in '21. I had already put it in several mixes and ended up with completely unpredictable results when bringing project back up. Had a cordial exchange with BR, who replied they had no plans to fix but to watch for the updates. After a long time of no change I deleted them all. I couldn't imagine the grief if another plugin I used had the same issue. Maybe it's fixed now but I stopped waiting. I thought that was a pretty odd bug to leave for years.

I own all of their plugins. Black Rooster has always given the impression that their work remains a going concern. Now it would seem VST3 support is going to be really required for that to be the case? So what is happening there now that we are at the precipice?

Are you there, BlackRooster? What's the plan? And could we get a real timeline? Again, asking as someone who has bought every one of your plugins, having bought the $99 all bundle in 2021 and paid individual release price for all plugins since, and all along naysayers telling me it would be a waste of money eventually because you don't support VST3 - I argued on your behalf, what's happening behind the scenes now? Back in 2022 in this thread you said
BlackRooster wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:17 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:53 am Nice.
Still no vst3?
rsp
Still in the making - but again: No essential feature from VST3, that makes it superior to VST2 imho. Of course, the nice-to-have features are considered to be a valuable addition. But there is basically no advantage in regards of performance/processing.

We are on it.
There have been new releases since, but where is VST3 at now? We really need some concrete action here, it's been talk for a long time man, they call it "lip service" when it's a topic for years and no action. I am hopeful that is not the case here - is there a real timeline for VST3 support, now that VST2 is getting killed? Starting to feel like I was too slow to get nervous about this, you know what I mean?

I wish there were some updates of what's going on. The VSTs I have from them are good. Hope somebody will shed light on it.
First and foremost: We need great songs (again)

Just another person curious about the development of this. The silence from BRA on this is a bummer.

Return to “Effects”