UBERVERB ( reproduction of a algorithmic classic reverb from 1986)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nonstatic wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:26 am
sergiofrias wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:37 am sorry if this was not a free update ,but it took me a long time to develop and port from synthedit to flowstone,it was not a easy job (took several months), meanwhile my personall situation got worse , so i had change my plans. my apologies.
I'll repeat Bob's question: what is the cost for those who already bought the previous version?
hello ,its 30% off for previous owners.
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

sergiofrias wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:11 am
sergiofrias wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:37 am sorry if this was not a free update ,but it took me a long time to develop and port from synthedit to flowstone,it was not a easy job (took several months), meanwhile my personall situation got worse , so i had change my plans. my apologies.
I'll repeat Bob's question: what is the cost for those who already bought the previous version?
This is ridiculous, I paid 20 euros during launch week and with your 30% off it would be roughly another 12 Euros discount. So I get the pleasure of paying 48 Euros in total when it's only 40 euros for new customers :lol: :lol: :lol:
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

sergiofrias wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:11 am
Hi Sergio, as Bob mentioned, you are asking the people who supported your project to pay more than a new user. If you had bought a product that contained a major bug, and then were expected to pay more than a new user just to have it work properly, would you be willing to pay?

I really hope that you will reconsider the discount for people who supported your work.

I'm sorry about your situation Sergio, but no one is going to buy this plugin twice (and pay more than a new customers would -- I'd be paying 58 euros total!) to receive something that should have been (and was promised as) a free update. All you are doing is driving away your early supporters, which is not a good business move and is going to sabotage any future plugins of yours. You should be focusing on attracting new customers and sales instead of just trying to get your existing ones to pay for the plugins twice.

Well he's certainly focused on attracting new customers from his post history, Not so much on pleasing existing ones.
Synth Presets and Music

Has anyone tried the new version?

He's clearly not going to change his mind. What a con!
Synth Presets and Music

There are so many reasons not to buy this:
VST3 Windows only.
Nomad Factory 80's Spaces is better than this.
Can't believe how this developer treats his customers. If your personal situation got worse you can setup GoFundMe or something but you gotta treat your customers right
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Guys, you absolutely don't have to pay for an update!
If you purchased the initial broken version, just go to your Gumroad library and you can download it either from there or from the Uberverb page straight away. It downloads the new version.
So, yeah, Sergio kept his word with the free update. :ud:
Last edited by I-Quit on Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Well, regarding the new version, a bit buggy at times and could definitely benefit from optimization, but at least there are no colossal CPU hits this time. Still no algorithm browser.
Last edited by I-Quit on Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This thread is a fine example of KVR armchair product experts and their immaturity. People are under the impression that the development of anything is easy and that fixes are uulalala. It is everything but not easy. Account for that one-person team, life circumstances, etc.

You won't admit it but all of you acted as if he owed you a life and he needed to develop fixes, his private life should be on pause, and hand out his private life for you. What a gang of people. For a $40 plugin sold through Gumroad. For Christ's sake, you guys have expectations like he is running Steinberg company. Even Steinberg with a team of 30-50 people takes a whole year to fix the "little" problem (I get it it is a different product altogether but still)

I am not making an excuse for him. Far from it. But you all acted like kids. I hope you have learned a lesson about what you can expect from a one-man team. I also hope he learned a lesson or two about coding, about making promises and keeping them on time.

kmonkey wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:31 pm This thread is a fine example of KVR armchair product experts and their immaturity. People are under the impression that the development of anything is easy and that fixes are uulalala. It is everything but not easy. Account for that one-person team, life circumstances, etc.

You won't admit it but all of you acted as if he owed you a life and he needed to develop fixes, his private life should be on pause, and hand out his private life for you. What a gang of people. For a $40 plugin sold through Gumroad. For Christ's sake, you guys have expectations like he is running Steinberg company. Even Steinberg with a team of 30-50 people takes a whole year to fix the "little" problem (I get it it is a different product altogether but still)

I am not making an excuse for him. Far from it. But you all acted like kids. I hope you have learned a lesson about what you can expect from a one-man team. I also hope he learned a lesson or two about coding, about making promises and keeping them on time.
The guy is trying to rip people off with an "update discount", when it can completely normally be downloaded without any charge. It is not about money, but rather about principles. He might be a decent dude who just happens to be on hard times, but this business tactic is not right.
Last edited by I-Quit on Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

On that note, Sergio, do you plan to improve upon the plugin? Like, at an easy pace. May you put your life together and be healthy. Please, be upfront with your answers and promises in the future.

kmonkey wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:31 pm This thread is a fine example of KVR armchair product experts and their immaturity. People are under the impression that the development of anything is easy and that fixes are uulalala. It is everything but not easy. Account for that one-person team, life circumstances, etc.

Nah, I acted like someone who purchased a product without a demo to find it had a critical bug that the dev said he would fix for free, then waited 1.5 years of total silence to be told I had to pay more than I did in the first place if I wanted my fix. Take your opinions to some other thread Mr Armchair Ethics expert.
Synth Presets and Music

i really didn't wanted to go in details about my personal life ,but yeah ,thing got really bad to me ,lost my job ,girlfriend and depression hit me hard ...there were days were i could not even get out of my bed without help ,that was the main reason . thank all for your kind words and support, i will continue to release new products , and if there is on thing that i learned with this journey is ,dont make promisses ,you are not in total control of your future.once again sorry.
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Return to “Effects”