Auto Sampler (in Logic Pro & MainStage) EXS import issue with long names

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm seeing a weird issue importing EXS files into Maize 2.8.4. The EXS files were created with MainStage 3.4.4 (latest is 3.6.1 but I'm on an old Mac OS here).

- If I name the EXS file with 15 characters or less it imports into Maize fine.
- If I name the EXS file with 16 characters or more it fails to import the samples into Maize.

For 15 characters or less it finds and imports the samples automatically from the EXS file. For longer filenames it opens a file dialog to locate the sample but even when I choose the correct sample folder it still doesn't import the samples.

Digging into the EXS files in a hex editor I see that internally it references the samples differently for longer file names and I think Maize is using the incorrect reference to load the sample.

I'm reporting this to Xiang Cao to see if it's something that needs fixing. I'll also install MainStage on a more recent OS to see if the problem still exists in the latest version.

To be clear - this doesn't seem to be a MainStage issue since the EXS files with longer names import properly into Logic Pro's Sampler instrument, just not into Maize 2.8.4.

For now my fix is to make sure I name MainStage EXS files with 15 characters or less.

If anyone has anything to add, or has experienced this, I'd love to hear it.
Last edited by dannytaurus on Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hello, are you sending all this data to the developer?

QuietMusic wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:32 am Hello, are you sending all this data to the developer?
Yes, I sent this information to Xiang Cao, the developer. I also included extracts from the hex content of the EXS file to highlight the precise issue.

Just confirmed the same thing happens with Auto Sampler in the latest version of Logic Pro 10.7.4. (I actually forgot Auto Sampler is now part of Logic Pro so no need to use MainStage anymore! 😀)

- Creating EXS file with 15 or less character name imports fine into Maize
- Creating EXS file with 16 or more character name fails to import samples into Maize

Maize developer replied and is open to possibly resolving the issue in the next update 🙏

Return to “Maizesoft”