USAMO stopped working

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone.

Hadn't used my USAMO in a few months. Have since upgraded to Live 11, was using 10 before.

Had gotten USAMO to work flawlessly in the past, assumed I might need to re-tune it. After trying to just get it right while sending notes to a synth and not getting consistent performance, plugged it in and ran it in test mode.

So far, I can get it to send notes correctly for 8-9/10 of the notes sent. Often I will see an error for a note on/off that was already sent 2 entries ago, for some reason being repeated. Other times, it will get a bit temperamental and sort of "lock" into sending 15 good notes, then 10 bad ones, and then back to good. If I do something like tweak the interval time, it will sometimes lock into sending errors for a while, requiring multiple starts and stops.

I've tried:

- Tweaking the level knob in the smallest possible incremenets of .001
- Adding a Utility after the plugin, and going up and down by 1dB in increments of 0.01
- Playing with the space and balance knobs
- Delay Start/Stop
- Downgrading from version 1.1.8 of the plugint o 1.1.7, same results
- Tested the audio cables sending, they're good. Swapped them just in case.

The ONLY thing i havent tried is a different MIDI cable, but I doubt that's the issue. Will try one tomorrow.

Any ideas? This is super frustrating, as it is unusable in its current state.

Current Setup:
Windows 10
Ableton 11.1
Audient ID44 Interface
boink!

https://tinypic.host/i/usamo.8yjQi

Screenshot of my test. Notice some random CCs coming into the received side, when none are being sent
boink!

aaaaand after a whole weekend of testing, i realized i can get it to 100% green in 88.2kHz easily, but not 44.1 or 48. is this normal?
boink!

It's certainly normal for calibration to be easier at higher sample rates. It's unusual for it not to be possible at all at 48kHz.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”