TAL Sampler 4, new look - free update!

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the preset handling in the new sampler and the drum is really annoying. j-8 and sampler3 preset dropdown shows all presets listed and you get them straight. the browser system in sampler4 and drum is bad. a pain in the ass tbh.
and yes you can set bookmarks and it opens up the folder in the new browser, but it would be nice to see at least the presets in the dropdowm if you dont want to have the brwoser open all the time. using the left and right arrow to go thru the folders content is pretty much...sry to say that.

I must say I've got used to it and find the favourites very easy to use but I understand, the menu dropdown was quick and simple and didn't take up screen space when you weren't using it. Thanks for the thoughts.
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

Just my 2c but I like the new preset menu better than the dropdown menu. If you had presets sub folders within a folder I found it hard to navigate to the preset in the sub folders with the drop down, the menu would just close half the time. So one vote for the new preset menu, maybe have both types of menus like Arturia?

seangm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:10 am Just my 2c but I like the new preset menu better than the dropdown menu. If you had presets sub folders within a folder I found it hard to navigate to the preset in the sub folders with the drop down, the menu would just close half the time. So one vote for the new preset menu, maybe have both types of menus like Arturia?
I'm happy with it now I'm used to it and I agree that it's easier to use if you have a lot of folders, I've made 8 packs for TAL Sampler now I think so having those plus some personal stuff and a few in progress projects does get a bit messy with the dropdown menu. With the new browser I just have a set of colour-coded favourites, nice and easy.
afaik the new browser design is here to stay and there are no plans to re-instate the dropdown, even as an option. The framework and tools used to generate the UI evolve and change and some features are deprecated at times so there are some constraints to what is possible or even just efficient to code.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, it's appreciated :)
emptyvessel
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.

PTV wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:51 pm Two features from TAL-Drum I wish to see in TAL-Sampler:

1. automatic slicing of samples by transients
2. stretching loops to host tempo

And one feature I wish for both TAL-Drum & Sampler: Rex file support

Cheers!
Yeah, I agree! I would love REX file support on TAL Sampler, auto-slicing too, the stretching to host I could easily do without.

PTV wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:51 pm Two features from TAL-Drum I wish to see in TAL-Sampler:

1. automatic slicing of samples by transients
2. stretching loops to host tempo

And one feature I wish for both TAL-Drum & Sampler: Rex file support
+!

Tal sampler is the only sampler that I use, alongside Tal drum. The new interface is great. The only thing that I find annoying, is that when the browser pops up it pushes the whole interface to the right.

Optical Fingerprint wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:46 pm Tal sampler is the only sampler that I use, alongside Tal drum. The new interface is great. The only thing that I find annoying, is that when the browser pops up it pushes the whole interface to the right.
Hmm yeah I get you, it would be nicer if the main interface stayed where it was and the browser pane popped out to the left of it. That's probably more work to code than it sounds :roll: but I'll pass those thoughts on to Patrick at TAL. Thanks.
emptyvessel

Always when I open a new instance of Tal Sampler it opens with the presets tab opened in the file browser. But I want it to always open with the "samples" tab open. Can I do this somehow?

ancient7 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:37 pm Always when I open a new instance of Tal Sampler it opens with the presets tab opened in the file browser. But I want it to always open with the "samples" tab open. Can I do this somehow?
Yeah I noticed that also, I'd like it if there was an option to default to the Presets tab upon opening.

seangm wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:44 pm
ancient7 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:37 pm Always when I open a new instance of Tal Sampler it opens with the presets tab opened in the file browser. But I want it to always open with the "samples" tab open. Can I do this somehow?
Yeah I noticed that also, I'd like it if there was an option to default to the Presets tab upon opening.
I just noticed it even jumps back to the presets tab if I minimize and reopen the same instance of TAL sampler in my DAW. Same for you?

ancient7 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:54 pm
I just noticed it even jumps back to the presets tab if I minimize and reopen the same instance of TAL sampler in my DAW. Same for you?
Yeah it's the same for me, it should at the very least retain the way you had it when you minimise/close and re-open. I'll chat to Patrick about it - and an option to set the default on open.
seangm wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:44 pm Yeah I noticed that also, I'd like it if there was an option to default to the Presets tab upon opening.
Typo? Presets is the default on opening :)
emptyvessel

EmptyVessel wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:44 am
Yeah it's the same for me, it should at the very least retain the way you had it when you minimise/close and re-open. I'll chat to Patrick about it - and an option to set the default on open.

EmptyVessel wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:44 am
seangm wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:44 pm Yeah I noticed that also, I'd like it if there was an option to default to the Presets tab upon opening.
Typo? Presets is the default on opening :)
My preset window actually opens in the "Samples" tab and I want it to open in the presets tab. I read the original post wrong. Not sure why different people are having different tabs default for the presets window.

seangm wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:46 pm My preset window actually opens in the "Samples" tab and I want it to open in the presets tab. I read the original post wrong. Not sure why different people are having different tabs default for the presets window.
I also thought you made a typing error :D We should trade our TAL samplers then...

I use FL Studio as DAW @EmptyVessel , if that is helpful to mention when you talk with Patrick.

Return to “TAL Software”