DrumSpillage2 macOS 12 Monterey M1 Compatibility Information

Official support for: audiospillage.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In our testing the current version of DrumSpillage2 (2.0.7) will not load presets from the Factory preset list. This is likely due to some code deprecations in Apple's CoreFoundation framework.

We are looking at potential workarounds for this but it is looking more likely that Monterey and M1 support will only be provided in the next major update.

Alternatively, if things are running OK for you on M1 Monterey then please let us know.

Oh, that’s good to know. I was going to update to Monterey, but not now.

Can’t wait for an update for Drumspillage. My favorite drum synth and it’s not even close.

i've used every update of Monterey, up to 12.6 now.
never had an issue. DS2 loads kits and individual drums, factory patches and my own from years ago. All is well.

Macbook Pro 2021

still gagging for a VST version though.
i have to wrap it inside KV_Element to use in Cubase 12
stable so far like this, just a bit annoying.

i have issues loading kits in Monterey 12.5.1 and M1

in Logic (latest version) I get a bunch of error windows.. doesn't matter if tit's user kits or factory kits.

same thing happens in Live 11. :(

Live 11 here no issue, is it a permissions thing maybe?

sqigls wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:09 pm Live 11 here no issue, is it a permissions thing maybe?
i don't know. it's weird. elektroid loads kits just fine.

Thanks for the replies. We are experiencing the same problem as dayjob here - multiple error windows launched in Logic. Live on the other hand has suddenly started working again now.

I'll keep this thread updated when more details become available.

Has there been an update?

simmo75 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 pm Has there been an update?
Not yet

With Digital Performer 11.21 on a Imac24 M1 under Monterey . Drumspillage 2.0.7. version _
AMessage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

geronimo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:27 pm With Digital Performer 11.21 on a Imac24 M1 under Monterey . Drumspillage 2.0.7. version _

AMessage.jpg
same in all hosts

Hi, so is there any news on the update front? I would love to use Drumspillage under Monterey! :)

moscom_electronics wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:56 pm Hi, so is there any news on the update front? I would love to use Drumspillage under Monterey! :)
everyone is hopeful for a future w/an updated DrumSpillage. i think it'll happen but sounds like it'll take some time. i suspect the holiday season is not a reasonable time to expect an update since many people are occupied w/family and/or travel and all that.

hopefully he finds time to hammer out the updates and drop a new version on us.

Talking of updates, I've written a blog post that outlines the current state of play with DrumSpillage.
https://www.audiospillage.com/blog/?p=924

The promises of the updates are fantastic! VST3 in particular is a big thing, as Drumspillage can finally be used in DAW that do not support AU (Bitwig :)). Sample export and M1 support, call me happy! I am eager to play with it!

Return to “AudioSpillage”