Cableguys ShaperBox 3.5.1 UPDATE – LFO Favorites + more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

On Windows, use the Magnifier?

Windows key and + to zoom in.

Windows key and Escape to exit.

Got this ... great tool... very potent!! 💚

Just wish the individual FX had their own presets (not just curves) and not only global presets with combination of the FX.

...or im I missing something ?

Lee/Jakob/Ronan is it right that I have to Sync presets every time I use SB3?
When I log on the presets are greyed out and when I sync, which I admit only takes about 5 seconds, I can select any of the presets and they are not greyed out anymore.

This happens every time I instantiate the plug in; both VST and VST3.

Also in your notes it says use the VST in Ableton. Is that VST2 and VST3.

Thanks.

This is legit one of the only plugins that seems to make sense as a subscription as the $10 updates happens pretty regularly:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just saw on YouTube, 3.5 update is out.

Adds a visual to the filter box and drive to the filter / resonance.

The distortion box gets a new mode “smooth clip”.

masterhiggins wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:13 am This is legit one of the only plugins that seems to make sense as a subscription as the $10 updates happens pretty regularly:
This simply shows you the option to upgrade your old versions of VolumeShaper etc to the latest version that runs in ShaperBox 3. Plus you'll have an option to upgrade all to the full ShaperBox 3.

So yes, it happens when we do a major ShaperBox version. The previous one we did was with ShaperBox 2 in September 2019.

Rickskii wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:22 pm Lee/Jakob/Ronan is it right that I have to Sync presets every time I use SB3?

When I log on the presets are greyed out and when I sync, which I admit only takes about 5 seconds, I can select any of the presets and they are not greyed out anymore.

This happens every time I instantiate the plug in; both VST and VST3.
That should certainly not be necessary. Could you contact as at contact@cableguys.com then we will figure out why it is happening.
Rickskii wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:22 pm Also in your notes it says use the VST in Ableton. Is that VST2 and VST3.
Both VST2 and VST3 are fine. AU is also kinda fine, but Live had some minor issues here in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OddT3TCANs
We just released ShaperBox 3.5, an update focused on analog-style features and enhancements.

First, DriveShaper gets the Smooth Clip distortion algorithm from our standalone FilterShaper XL dual filter plugin – this one will bring the heat to your sounds.

FilterShaper Core's Warm filters now have control over Resonance Distortion inside the filter circuit – it's like a real analog filter pushed to the limit. Control squealing resonances and get warmer textures.

There is also a new Hard Dist option, enabling hard clipping in the resonance circuit, for a more aggressive sound.

Next, turn off the new Safe Res option to unlock filter self-oscillation, allowing the filter to be used like an oscillator. Go from warped bass tones, electro kicks and whistling leads… to full-on modular-style mayhem!

Finally, the 3.5 update adds an animated filter response curve, making it easier to see the modulation in real time.

All changes in ShaperBox 3.5:
  • New: Smooth Clip distortion style in DriveShaper.
  • New: Dist slider to adjust internal resonance distortion in FilterShaper Core's Warm filters.
  • New: Hard Dist internal resonance clipping option for FilterShaper Core's Warm filters.
  • New: Safe Res option for FilterShaper Core's Warm filters. When disabled, these filters can self-oscillate.
  • New: Animated filter response visualisation in FilterShaper Core.
  • Improved: Smoother slider response when adjusting ReverbShaper's Decay and Size.
ShaperBox 3.5 is a free update for all existing users. Log in to download at www.cableguys.com

Once again a fantastic update. These constant product improvements are top notch.

I'm sorry to bring up the audio trigger latency topic again. ;-)

I updated from an older version and I noticed that the minimum latency for audio trigger increased from 10ms to 14ms.

A single Shaper with audio trigger in the project will increase my RT latency by 14ms due to daw PDC now. For mixing no problem. But as soon as you want to record midi instruments it's starting to get a little bit too high.

I appreciate the accuracy of the audio trigger and the midi out. It's honestly a great tool.

At the same time, I still wish there was a low latency detection mode in addition to the existing ones or a low latency option. Even when this means reduced accuracy. You still have the filter to narrow down the signal to focus on a specific hit for better detection, the threshold to detect lower signals and the shift parameter to gently nudge +- a few ms. Limiters often have variable lock-ahead settings too. And sometimes a mediocre accuracy is even enough.

Noise shaper can trigger noise via it's Envelope. And it's great. To give an example with reduced accuracy that works.

I can workaround the latency like in the posted video some pages back or I can use an external midi trigger of course. But it would be marvellous when it was possible to keep the ability to use audio triggers even in scenarios where low latency is a must. The audio trigger directly in the plugin is a super handy thing to have.

midi_transmission wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:48 pm I updated from an older version and I noticed that the minimum latency for audio trigger increased from 10ms to 14ms.
Uh, I just compared v3.0 and v3.5 - audio triggering has not changed, its latency has always been 14ms -- but lo and behold, our manual wrongly says 10ms. I am fixing the manual right now.

For everyone who wonders, here the full latency overview:
- MIDI triggering adds no latency.
- Audio triggering adds 14ms of latency in "Drums" and "General" modes and 24ms in "Complex" mode. We might consider a low-latency mode, but it's rarely requested.
- If "Anti-Click Trigger Smoothing" is turned on in the Main Menu and VolumeShaper is added, this adds 6ms of lookahead (and thus latency) if MIDI or Audio triggering are used for the VolumeShaper LFO.
- "Reserve DriveShaper latency" introduces 16 samples, and can be turned off via the Main Menu.

This software is really great value. Not too expensive, steady updates, pure quality.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the holidays.

I really appreciate the amount of development and new updates. ShaperBox keeps getting better and I consider it one of the most powerful tools for its price point. And thanks to Jakob / Cableguys for maintaining open communication with your user base. Awesome update!! 8) :tu:

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:06 pm
midi_transmission wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:48 pm I updated from an older version and I noticed that the minimum latency for audio trigger increased from 10ms to 14ms.
Uh, I just compared v3.0 and v3.5 - audio triggering has not changed, its latency has always been 14ms -- but lo and behold, our manual wrongly says 10ms. I am fixing the manual right now.
Thanks for checking. I had a quite old shaperbox3 installed before the 3.5 update, unfortunatly I don't know the exact number. I'm quite sure it was 10ms with the lowest setting at some point, because I messured it for delay compesation with other hardware. That's why I noticed the 14ms today.

And I remember that the Trigger shift changed the plugin latency dynamically. Means, with -4ms Trigger shift it was 14ms and at 0ms Trigger shift it was 10ms. Now the latency does not change when I change Trigger shift.
Jakob / Cableguys wrote: For everyone who wonders, here the full latency overview:
- MIDI triggering adds no latency.
- Audio triggering adds 14ms of latency in "Drums" and "General" modes and 24ms in "Complex" mode. We might consider a low-latency mode, but it's rarely requested.
- If "Anti-Click Trigger Smoothing" is turned on in the Main Menu and VolumeShaper is added, this adds 6ms of lookahead (and thus latency) if MIDI or Audio triggering are used for the VolumeShaper LFO.
- "Reserve DriveShaper latency" introduces 16 samples, and can be turned off via the Main Menu.
Thanks for giving it a thought.

I would have assumed that everyone who records midi instruments must notice it. Especially with finger drumming. But I can be wrong.

When your conclusion is that it's too rarely requested but complicated to do, I can certainly deal with it like it's now. The midi trigger is a possible workaround. It's rather the other way around.I really like the audio trigger in Shaperbox and just would like to use it without workarounds while recording instruments in the arrangement. :wink:

Would love to be able to plot wet/dry of, say, the liquid Shaper in Shaperbox itself as opposed to having to use an automation lane in the DAW. Is there a reason this isn't doable?

Probably dumb question about shaperbox - is there some concept like patterns, scenes, or whatever it may be called? I couldn't find it in the manual.
Lets say I want to do 1/4 repeat at one point but then maybe 1/8 triplets at another. Then maybe I want a repeat that speeds up gradually with some phasing going on. How could I do this in one shaperbox instance?

Return to “Effects”