Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

Parawave just need to be a little more present, even if releases are taking longer. Mirko at one point in this thread said he was going to be, and at least from what i can see, he hasn't been back since.

Im just really looking forward to the custom MSEGs :).

Well, the Sylenth1 64bit version took years. And AS support also took quite a while. And now it's updated once a year or so. Basically the same cycle. The reason why no one is complaining about that is because of set expectations.

Parawave set expectations by communicating a roadmap and talk about upcoming features. And then people start waiting for them. And when these delay (and they are delayed quite a bit) people start to worry.

It would have been way better to not know the roadmap, then we would have concluded after the VST3 update and the bug fix release from November that the product is still very much alive.

From 20 November 2023:
parawave wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:03 pm Sorry for not being all that active here. Of course we're aware that continuous communication would be preferable for some

Last visit from that account was 14 February but no comment in this thread. If you're aware that your company has a reputation for being uncommunicative (not just here but on social media as well) would you not be more communicative? If it were my company I certainly would.

A simple "we're still alive, still working" post would take less than two minutes. If you can't take two minutes to calm the fears of your user base then that's a bad look for you.
parawave wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:03 pmWe love our synth and will continue updating it. Even if it's just for our own use.
That's good news but if you love the synth then it would be in your best interest to show that at least once a month or so to the people who have paid or may pay in the future.

Look at it from a purely business standpoint. If you were looking for a super synth now would you choose one that has engagement (VPS Avenger with frequent new sample and preset packs, engagement here from someone who is at least affiliated with the company, changing the copy protection based on user feedback, recent major update, etc) or Parawave Rapid who have the reputation of disconnection and lack of communication?

On a personal note I own both Rapid and Avenger but these days I'm far more likely to reach for Avenger because it seems like a more future proof synth that will continue to grow and less like a synth that may be stagnating (both the plugin itself and sample/preset content as well).

Four months since the last update of a plugin is not unusual (I've been waiting 2 1/2 years for a crash level bug fix in Hive 2) but the lack of communication from Parawave simply works against their business and its future....or lack thereof. It benefits them more than us to be engaged.

For the record I don't need an update to Rapid but I would really like some more communication from the developer who sells a $195 synth that becomes NFR so I may feel more confident when I reach for Rapid in a project.

Yes many developers do not engage here but they are available through their own forums etc or as an example Rob Papen who does live streams nearly every week where you can ask him questions or provide feedback directly in the chat.

Would you rather do business with a developer who is engaged and available or one that has a reputation of being unresponsive and is constantly being accused of abandoning their only product? Seems like a pretty clear choice to me. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Obviously, developers no longer have much interest in development. Even without new features, there is still a lot that can be improved in Rapid. For example, an obvious drag & drop to load samples into the granular engine.

If developers were interested in developing a product, it would develop in frequent small and rare big steps, but this does not happen. This is not a business, it looks more like a hobby project that depended solely on the mood of the developers.

I wonder what role the huge dispute over the name of the preset played in all this, which allegedly offended and humiliated someone ... No matter how crazy it was, it seems the developers were disappointed in the community.

I'll be glad to be wrong, but I really haven't seen business run like this. Art projects, yes, but not business.

Dombaeb wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:45 pm Obviously, developers no longer have much interest in development. Even without new features, there is still a lot that can be improved in Rapid. For example, an obvious drag & drop to load samples into the granular engine.

If developers were interested in developing a product, it would develop in frequent small and rare big steps, but this does not happen. This is not a business, it looks more like a hobby project that depended solely on the mood of the developers.

I wonder what role the huge dispute over the name of the preset played in all this, which allegedly offended and humiliated someone ... No matter how crazy it was, it seems the developers were disappointed in the community.

I'll be glad to be wrong, but I really haven't seen business run like this. Art projects, yes, but not business.
Obviously you dont know anything

Wow. Another Rapid thread wrecked by the usual handful of very vocal cranks. And you wonder why the devs don't come around. :roll:

If you don't like Rapid, throw it in the trash and move on. We all have a folder full of plugins that we paid for that are no longer useful because of bugs and no more updates. We all have a closet full of hardware we don't use for the same reasons.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:15 pm Wow. Another Rapid thread wrecked by the usual handful of very vocal cranks. And you wonder why the devs don't come around. :roll:

If you don't like Rapid, throw it in the trash and move on. We all have a folder full of plugins that we paid for that are no longer useful because of bugs and no more updates. We all have a closet full of hardware we don't use for the same reasons.
How dare you! Your words hurt my feelings and that sir is illegal in my country!

I demand the devs of this synth respond in this thread immediately and explain themselves!

Don't try me, I'll go stand out in traffic *right now* in protest unless my demands are met. You've been warned. I'll make a sign and everything. There's nothing too much to stand up for justice, sometimes people have to make sacrifices and I'm willing to be the hero the victims who use this synth without being responded to constantly need

Hi, I'm still alive. Just sayin'.

syntonica wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:15 pm Wow. Another Rapid thread wrecked by the usual handful of very vocal cranks. And you wonder why the devs don't come around. :roll:
To be fair, I'm sure it's not because of these people. If you run a business, these days, you have to put up with a lot of very vocal never satisfied customers. That's part of the game.

Actually, they're not that dissatisfied. They just pretend to be. ;) They still buy every of your product. They just like to complain, and feel entitled a lot. Every broken nail is a bit of a drama these days.

BTW, as Sylenth1 was mentioned: Lennard is pretty much the antithesis to all that insecurity about developers silence on forums or social media for a few weeks. He just doesn't give a crap. :lol: Fair play to him.

No, the thread is "wrecked' by the lack of interaction by Parawave even though they are aware that their lack of engagement is a concern for some people. If a developer causes concern by their own actions (or lack thereof) then they should be able to handle the push back...like adults. If you can't handle fire then don't strike the match.

If two minutes a month is too much to spend on the reputation of your company then maybe it's time for a new line of work or a new hobby. If your skin is so thin that we can read a newspaper through it then business is not for you.

The people who wreck the thread are those who don't even own the synth and get triggered because someone dares to push back against a developer's actions because they find those actions concerning.
syntonica wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:15 pmIf you don't like Rapid, throw it in the trash and move on.

That is beyond silly.

If people didn't like Rapid then they wouldn't care about updates or care if their $195 NFR synth may stop working at some point because the online activation fails.

I'm not saying that's ever going to happen but you can't possibly say that it won't.

I like Rapid a lot, it's one of my favorite synths but again I'll reach for Avenger first now because I feel more confident in its future. Should I spend hours and hours creating new presets for Rapid and using it in projects or would it be more logical to spend that time with Avenger? I want Rapid to live on and again I don't need an update. I just need to see proof of life from the developers once in a awhile. Not too much to ask. If it's too much to ask then I can't possibly recommend a purchase of Rapid these days given the competition that exists. So you can see how their lack of engagement can hurt them in the long run.

No one is asking them for plugin updates every month or for them to engage in running discussions here just a periodic "we're still alive and we're still committed to Rapid" is all most of us ask.

Again if people are looking for a super synth now which one would be the logical choice? One where the developer is active and has actual upgrades (not just little update-lettes) or one where the developers are silent even though they know their silence is damaging the reputation of their company?

To me the difference between a professional developer and an amateur one is quite clear in this case.

If that triggers you or anyone else it is absolutely irrelevant. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:34 pm BTW, as Sylenth1 was mentioned: Lennard is pretty much the antithesis to all that insecurity about developers silence on forums or social media for a few weeks. He just doesn't give a crap. :lol: Fair play to him.
I stopped using Sylenth years ago because it has stagnated. It has been surpassed in sound and features by a myriad of new synths. I would have happily paid for upgrades over the years but if he is unwilling (or unable) to advance his only product then so be it. I don't see any "fair play" in that.

The point is he does have a sub-fourm here and does engage with his paying customers so it's obvious he does give a least a little crap. He last visited and posted here five days ago.

Parawave last posted in this thread back in November of last year and acknowledged their lack of communication is a concern for some people and then promptly went back to not communicating.

So when did you purchase Parawave Rapid?

Many people own and love Omnisphere.

Look on the forum or Facebook; no one is asking for updates or upgrades over and over.
They enjoy the instrument for what it offers

That's the right behaviour.
Last edited by Gam456 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are no teenagers here who are upset about their mother's two hundred dollars. I am disappointed because Rapid sounds great and has great potential. Small improvements can make it much more convenient, it doesn't even have to develop a mega-super-duper update for the next ten years.

In the world of plugins, it's easy to create a beautiful skin, but it's very difficult to create something that sounds good and works stable. That's why I come here and express my disappointment. And, I'll do it again next month. Keep in touch.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:02 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:34 pm BTW, as Sylenth1 was mentioned: Lennard is pretty much the antithesis to all that insecurity about developers silence on forums or social media for a few weeks. He just doesn't give a crap. :lol: Fair play to him.
I stopped using Sylenth years ago because it has stagnated. It has been surpassed in sound and features by a myriad of new synths. I would have happily paid for upgrades over the years but if he is unwilling (or unable) to advance his only product then so be it. I don't see any "fair play" in that.
It's 100% fair play. And, you took a decision based on your own perception and opinion about development. It's not a common, general thing which everyone judges in the same way. For example, I see that there were quite a few updates over the years. way more than other 17 year old synths have seen in that time.

I agree with you though about it having been surpassed in sound and features by a lot of synths. That's why I use it so rarely.

And, I'm perfectly entitled to post here, thank you very much.

Return to “Instruments”