Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

Spectrasonics has been in business for 30 years, they have employees all over the world. Eric Persing is a public figure in the industry since 1984. When he was Roland's lead sound designer, I wasn't even born yet.

Do you really understand what was written? It's not about updates, the synthesizer itself works well. At least for now... But, it is unclear to anyone whether it will work tomorrow after the OS update.

There are no such problems with hardware. Guitar pedals from 90's will work next 20 years and I have never even wondered if the company that produced it is still working. It doesn't work that way with plugins. That's why people need ping from developers from time to time.
Gam456 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:13 pm Many people own and love Omnisphere.

Look on the forum or Facebook; no one is asking for updates or upgrades over and over.
They enjoy the instrument for what it offers

That's the right behaviour.
Last edited by Dombaeb on Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Also I just checked.. on the average omnisphere has had at least two udpates each year..
not quite the same here currently.. There is usually one per year for the last few years, 'coincidentally' just before a sale.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Dombaeb wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:30 pm There are no such problems with hardware.
I thought about that yesterday. And found that it's entirely untrue. Hardware can always fail at you, especially some of the sloppy designed hardware some companies produce in this business. And, not only that, hardware synths for example often come with additional software (which doesn't see many updates), to upgrade the firmware, to manage or load presets or waves/wavetables, or with editor software, and, the software is bowing down to the same laws as any software: If it's not updated, things can break. Which means that you might not be able to use the hardware to itx full extent, even if the hardware doesn't fail on you.

Actually, for that reason alone, I rather stick to software, as the support is often better than with hardware.

Anyway, I really don't get why people freak out when there hasn't been updates for a few months, or the developers don't post in internet forums. But, that might be because I'm a few years longer on this world, and have seen times without internet, and times where the product support was limited to communication via telephone, or software was updates 1 or 2 time in its life time.

If anything, then we live in times of total hysteria these days. It's nuts. I get 10 or 15 app updates on my smartphone every day, and I only have very few additional apps installed on it. It's as if someone pushed a button and said "ALARM!! We have to do many more updates now, to make people think they're safe!!". And that really relates to a lot of things these days. Sorry, but, people are just panicking all over the place over nothing, and, that's not good.

Dombaeb wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:30 pm There are no such problems with hardware. Guitar pedals from 90's will work next 20 years and I have never even wondered if the company that produced it is still working. It doesn't work that way with plugins. That's why people need ping from developers from time to time.
I'm pretty sure ther is more exemple

Access abandoned the Virus Ti in 2019 and still on sale over 4 years, which had many bugs
Novation Summit fx issue is still unresolved

Chorus-x is one of the best fx I have used, hardware or software, it is perfect for me.. chorus, reverb or physical modelling type sounds it is worth the money just for that.

This type of thinking is why I choose to go with Arturia, it just seems like a dedicated company that will be around for a long, long time.

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm It's 100% fair play.
No, it's not. You said Lennard doesn't "give a crap" when it's obvious that he does as witnessed by the fact that he just responded to a support request on his sub-forum here 6 days ago. The fact that Sylenth hasn't had a major feature update in some time is Lennard's decision and simply explains why the plugin is no longer relevant these days (as you have agreed with). If he's ok with that then so be it but at least he's still interacting with his paying customers.
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm And, I'm perfectly entitled to post here, thank you very much.
No, you're really not. If you don't own Rapid then you have nothing invested and nothing to lose so your opinion means nothing.....absolutely nothing.

What you (and others) are not entitled to do is ridicule other forum members because they're concerned about the ongoing lack of interaction from Parawave.
chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:05 pm Parawave even have a FAQ entry for our insecure fellow forumers:
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:30 pm They just like to complain, and feel entitled a lot. Every broken nail is a bit of a drama these days.
And yet here you are complaining and spreading drama over a plugin that you don't even own. I could easily ridicule you for not having a life and needing constant confrontation as witnessed by your 35,200 posts here but I'll refrain from doing that.

I'll say it again because it's apparently not sinking in. People who have actually paid for the plugin have a right to be concerned about its future based on the ongoing lack of interaction by the developer. This is not some bit of freeware we're talking about it's an upper tier plugin that is NFR so we don't even have the ability to sell it and move on if we wished to do so.

Again I'm not asking for an update to the plugin I just want to be assured that one day I won't go to load it up and the authorisation will fail because the developer has simply given up.

Listen carefully this time....two minutes a month to assure your paying customers that the plugin and its authorization system will continue to work is not asking much. Capice?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'll post this again for those who missed it....

From November 2022:
Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:24 pm
grdh20 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:04 pm abandonware...
I've been seeing this comment a lot, not just here but on other forums and social media as well such as this from their Facebook group:

Parawave 111922-1.png

So a few days ago I sent Parawave an inquiry through support and asked if there was anything I could pass along to help calm the fears of some users. You know something like "we're still working on Rapid, the future is bright" etc....

Instead, in their first response all I got was a meme with no other text:

Rapid Response.png

A subsequent response was just as snarky and ended with "you'll eventually get your update" (I don't need or want an update I would just like to know if the company is still supporting their product in case any stability issues should pop up). They did say that support for Rapid is continuing but their quite frankly surprising remarks have kind of put me off this company.
And here we are a year and four months later and they are still getting the same complaints. If you're going to blindly defend someone make sure they deserve it..... :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I've been intermittently scanning this thread and don't want to go through every comment, so can someone please post a list of what others say need to be updated?

BBFG# wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:23 pm I've been intermittently scanning this thread and don't want to go through every comment, so can someone please post a list of what others say need to be updated?
They're all waiting for MSEGs. Apparently, Rapid is completely useless without them and they paid their money for MSEGs, not all those other incredibly useful features... :roll:

Sorry. With devs, especially ESL devs, leaving kvr and other platforms due to this very behavior from the public, I get frustrated.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

nmnmnm
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Here is the thing though...
Indeed they may consider Rapid is now complete..

But No software is bugfree and whilst I don't use Rapid enough to notice or remember if I do have bugs, surely there must be some that people experience and the once a year fix would be problematic for some of those.
More importantly though, is i monitored Rapid's progress via their roadmap from about two years before i actually bought it... they would provide a roadmap and implement same with a timetable i believe...
the last few years have been different though.. the road map is still there but progress on that road map is nowhere what it use to be....Surely that may make some/many wonder, or lose some confidence in the company.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:29 pm ...Surely that may make some/many wonder, or lose some confidence in the company.

rsp
Let me see it this way round:

Always... without the slightest bit of exception in the past... when something like this to a software, it was the slow death of the whole project...

So I don´t share any confident that suddenly they will come around with a huge update like there were in the past... not after this time...

C'mon guys - we are flogging a dead horse here.

This software has been basically dead since about 2 years ago.

The developer may say its not - (if they decide to speak to their customers!!!!) in the hope that some new suckers buy the software. But the proof is in the fact, that there has been no decent update for about 2 years. They are not interested in developing this synth. If it were different, there would have been decent updates - or major communication on any forum with their customers. :x :x

Its time to face up to the reality - this is the end of the line for this synth.

Accept it and move on. :tu: :tu:

Has the synths stooped working or something?! The synths works perfectly for me and does far more now than it did when I bought it many years ago (and all the updates were free and very impressive, check the change log). What a total waste of timing worrying about if it will get even more free updates!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”