Important LVC-Audio News (November 2022)

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Long post warning:
Here are the big items: 1 – Holiday sale starts Friday, 2 – LVC-Meter and M1/2 compatibility, 3 – The future and end of some plugins.

1 – The annual LVC-Audio holiday sale will start on Black Friday. This will be 50%-off all plugins till the end of the year. No coupons needed. All prices will be posted on the website starting Friday.

2 – LVC-Meter will be released with M1/2 compatibility. I have tested as best as I can with different Mac and Window machines. I don’t know of any issues at this point, but since this represents such a huge update (see #3), I would still consider it a beta release. Please report any problems to https://lvcaudio.com/contact/

3 – The future and end of the line: Within the past decade, Apple has made significant changes to the safety and security of their operating system. This is great for users, but it is really challenging for plugin development. Many of the older LVC-Audio plugins will not work on recent Mac operating systems, but continue to work on Windows. LVC-Meter M1/2 development has taken me a significantly longer time than expected since much of the underlying code had to be rewritten.

Slowly, I have been rolling functionality into the newer plugins. At this point, the two remaining “legacy” plugin types are Transector and the LVC-Audio compressors (including Limited-T, Pressed-T, Pressed-MAX, and the T-Chain compressors). My plan for the future is to finalize any issues with LVC-Meter, and then migrate Limited-MAX, Limited-Z, Preamp-MAX, and Toned-MAX to the new system (i.e., M1/2 compatible, less bugs, better performance, etc.). After these plugins have been updated, I will work on a comprehensive compressor plugin (or two). I will also move Transector functionality into some of the existing plugins. If you are concerned about upgrading, I promise I will offer significant discounts for previous users. Starting sometime in the near future, I will be stopping sale of the older plugins. I will continue to post download links, but I don’t feel comfortable having these products for sale on the website.

Thanks for the post!

Return to “LVC-Audio”