Pushes/Anticipations/Chord changes on 1/8 notes?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi There,

Is there some way to create syncopated chord changes on 1/8 notes? Like if I want to change chords on the and-of-the-4? RC seems to expect chord changes on the bar, but I can resize by dragging the edge of the chord in the Master Track lane. It only seems to allow the change to land on a quarter note though, regardless of how I set the "Snap" widget just above the time line.

The only way I could do it is by changing the time signature to 4/8, then open the master track inspector, generate a random chord progression with 32 bars, then deleting the even chords (ALT click the master track)..

didn't try saving that, though. meaning, if you wanted that through out a composition, seems like a lot of effort..

Hi brentc13,

Welcome to this forum!
There is a simpler way. If you hold down Shift during dragging the chord edges, the snap setting will be used (set it to 1/8 before this).
The other way is clicking on Settings / Miscellaneous and look for the setting "Use 'snap' for chord positions" (7th line from above). If you enable that, the current 'snap' setting will be used when you adjust chord edges.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Awesome, that works. Thx.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”