Behringer pro 800

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've heard that there are proper switches under the membranes so sounds like they're good. Enjoy your toy!
<List your stupid gear here>

Mantras wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:17 am I have a question. In the manual lots of MIDI CC# numbers is listed for the parameters. MIDI CC# is 7-bit information (0-127) but when people operating the Pro-800 turning knobs it is showing a finer range of values in the display 0-1000? How does it add up? Anyone with a unit who knows?
That's correct, actually the range is 0-999 for most parameters. Behringer hasn't yet released a full MIDI implementation chart for the Pro-800 (I hope they will at some point), and I haven't had the time to really dig into the sysex - although I have figured it out how to name your own presets - but what they normally do is called "nibblizing": Slicing up the data into smaller "nibbles", keeping them next to each other (often as a pair consisting of LSN - Least Significant Nibble and MSN - Most Significant Nibble) and then you have plenty of bits for the value of 999, which is 10 bits binary (1111100111) so 2 x 7 bits is more than enough for storing one parameter. But again, this is just my best guess, I haven't had the time to study the sysex in depth, I'm too busy playing and recording with the Pro-800. :-D

I've challenged myself to recreate this theme using only one synth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn-7Nks826A

I mean, pretty much nailed. I remember watching a making of video, and various old gear was used. Pretty sure a prophet 5 was used for the bass.

I think your version is slightly better than the minilogue version. I was so impressed by the minilogue that I was tempted to buy it (I have the XD version) but I managed to hold off.

https://youtu.be/pJ4lq0TuJW0

NorbertVarga wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:26 pm
Mantras wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:17 am I have a question. In the manual lots of MIDI CC# numbers is listed for the parameters. MIDI CC# is 7-bit information (0-127) but when people operating the Pro-800 turning knobs it is showing a finer range of values in the display 0-1000? How does it add up? Anyone with a unit who knows?
That's correct, actually the range is 0-999 for most parameters. Behringer hasn't yet released a full MIDI implementation chart for the Pro-800 (I hope they will at some point), and I haven't had the time to really dig into the sysex - although I have figured it out how to name your own presets - but what they normally do is called "nibblizing": Slicing up the data into smaller "nibbles", keeping them next to each other (often as a pair consisting of LSN - Least Significant Nibble and MSN - Most Significant Nibble) and then you have plenty of bits for the value of 999, which is 10 bits binary (1111100111) so 2 x 7 bits is more than enough for storing one parameter. But again, this is just my best guess, I haven't had the time to study the sysex in depth, I'm too busy playing and recording with the Pro-800. :-D
I'm a long time owner of a Prophet-600, so I'd love to get access to that Sysex info. There might be someone out there who could take the P-600 patch tape dumps and translate those old patches to Bro-600 format via Sysex. That would be huge for me, as the one thing holding me back from selling my Prophet-600 is all the great sounds I programmed over the past couple decades.

I received a late night email from Sweetwater saying they have a few Behringer Pro-800 units in stock. I immediately placed my order after seeing that there were only 9 units left in stock.

Get 'em while they're hot, lads!

In stock on Anderton's for £349!

egbert101 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:58 am In stock on Anderton's for £349!
Yeah I noticed they dropped the price after a couple of weeks of getting stock. I'm pretty pi$$ed off I pre-ordered from them (3 months ago) and paid £369. Definitely the last time I place a pre-order :neutral:

As for NorbertVarga's version of Stranger Things Theme, I would go as far to say it's better than the original version. If it's really all done on a Pro-800, then I think that's good enough reason to buy one if you want the prophet sound.

Pro-800 Remote is standalone application, VST2/3 and M4L plugin for remote control the Behringer Pro-800.

Pro-800 Remote is available on Windows, Linux and macOS.

The M4L and the standalone are free to download. Download links can be found at the end of this page: https://midipeak.com/product/pro-800-remote/.

For those who use M4L, on this page you can find a rack for quickly integrating the Pro-800 into Live: https://midipeak.com/forum/topic/pro...mote-m4l-rack/.

Great first post! Can people use this to see preset settings?

Thanks,
I used an unofficial document to implement preset reading: https://github.com/samstaton/pro800/blo ... o800syx.md.

For it to work, it is necessary to make a MIDI feedback between the application and the synth. This feature uses sysEx MIDI messages. Therefore, this feature only works with the standalone.

I hope something like this can be made for their pro-16 or UB-X/UB-Xa (If they're ever released) as I prefer storing presets and doing sound design in the box.

Does the Pro 800 have a stereo output? From the photos I looked at, it looked like mono. Pads are my favorite sounds and I’m just not sure how I could pull them off on a mono instrument. However everything else about the Pro 800 seems super interesting.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”