Available now! Tone2 Electra3 Synthesizer Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tone2 Electra3

Odd Fella wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:04 pm
tasty tatsyn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:53 pm Well like i said, it's a thought concept of legato, the issue with it is that there's not that many Jordan Rudess's, Marco Parisi's, Emily Bear's or SamTheBeardGuy's out there (myself excluded) ;), although there's a lot of talented keyboard players too and i'm sure they can use it..
That legato mode reminds me of a house of cards: you can add card after card after card, but as soon as you remove any card (i.e. release any of the played keys), the whole house collapses to ground zero (the first note). Not even keeping the last added key pressed will make it continue to sound. I guess that is what is weird to me.
I can't think of a musical application for that. But maybe there is, who knows...

Hehe, my playing is not the best, either :oops:
While i agree another legato mode would be welcome it's possible to make music, if you find what i did musical is another question...

example: 2 electra2 leads + drums

- the 1st lead has 3 layers (2 in legato - 1 in poly 8 )
- the 2nd lead has 2 legato layers
https://hearthis.at/tatsyn/electra-legato-1-1221/

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:12 pm
Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:31 pm Just desparately tried to buy a slim masterkeyboard with only essential controls: polyphonic aftertouch, a modwheel and a pitchwheel. I want to have my keys in front of my computer screen behind my computer keyboard and do not have much space. Result: No such product exists :o
I also checked out my collection of hardware synthesizers. The Alesis Andromeda is the only one that supports it. Looks like I need to revive it.
What do you mean by "slim?" Not much space after the keys, or not much overall height from the desk?
Not much depth after the (full size) keys. Like the M-Audio Keystation 61 MK3. Sadly this one does not support any kind of aftertouch at all. Mine also randomly disonnects the USB connection. That's why I don't use it anymore.
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:43 am
Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:31 pm Just desparately tried to buy a slim masterkeyboard with only essential controls: polyphonic aftertouch, a modwheel and a pitchwheel. I want to have my keys in front of my computer screen behind my computer keyboard and do not have much space. Result: No such product exists :o
I also checked out my collection of hardware synthesizers. The Alesis Andromeda is the only one that supports it. Looks like I need to revive it.
What do you mean by "slim?" Not much space after the keys, or not much overall height from the desk?
Not much depth after the (full size) keys. Like the M-Audio Keystation 61 MK3. Sadly this one does not support any kind of aftertouch at all. Mine also randomly disonnects the USB connection. That's why I don't use it anymore.
Ah, I see. I deal with this issue by using laptop stands to let me tuck my Hydrasynth Deluxe under modules. Not optimal, but it works. I it would work a lot better if the Hydrasynth had a good computer editor. Ultimately, it’s a form of Tetris, but having software like the Tone2 plugins are great way to “cheat the game,” and let me expand my synthesis capabilities at no cost of desk space. One of the main reasons I’m so excited to get polyphonic aftertouch support in all the Tone2 plugins is because I want to swap out the Hydrasynth for a Kontrol 3. I honestly think the Tone2 plugins sound better than the Hydrasynth.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Oh, I meant to mention that I just read that someone was having issues with USB and they fixed it by disabling some Samsung USB background process. I’m not saying that you are having the same issue, but it might be similar.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:25 pm
Ah, I see. I deal with this issue by using laptop stands to let me tuck my Hydrasynth Deluxe under modules. Not optimal, but it works. I it would work a lot better if the Hydrasynth had a good computer editor. Ultimately, it’s a form of Tetris, but having software like the Tone2 plugins are great way to “cheat the game,” and let me expand my synthesis capabilities at no cost of desk space. One of the main reasons I’m so excited to get polyphonic aftertouch support in all the Tone2 plugins is because I want to swap out the Hydrasynth for a Kontrol 3. I honestly think the Tone2 plugins sound better than the Hydrasynth.
I am using two books under the left and right side of the master keyboard to lift it up for 5 cm. This way i can hide parts of my (flat) computer keyboard and my mouse below it.
This setup works great for sound design with plugins. You can use the left hand for playing keyboard while the right hand tweaks the knobs with the mouse
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Another missed opportunity with the GUI imo. A four layer synth, but doesn't have a simple standard Multi-timbral view to look at all the parts and browse at one time, at this point I'd rather see a 2nd page just for browsing and stacking sounds properly, I won't be updating until they get away from this weird 3d looking UI, I doubt they ever will.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:11 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:25 pm
I am using two books under the left and right side of the master keyboard to lift it up for 5 cm. This way i can hide parts of my (flat) computer keyboard and my mouse below it.
This setup works great for sound design with plugins. You can use the left hand for playing keyboard while the right hand tweaks the knobs with the mouse
I’m also a big fan of the keyboard platforms that mount to the bottom of your desk and can be adjustable for various heights and angles. I can push it all the way under when I need to have better access to hardware synths and controllers.

I’ve got something like this one.

VIVO Adjustable Computer Keyboard & Mouse Platform Tray Ergonomic Under Table Desk Mount Drawer Underdesk Shelf (MOUNT-KB03B) https://a.co/d/gPHwUYZ
Zerocrossing Media

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:31 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:24 pm
Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:11 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:48 pm
As far as I know, Live was the only hold out for polyphonic aftertouch support, and that’s been remedied. The whole Kontrol 3 line transmits it, as does the Quantum 2, Iridium keyboard, the whole Hydrasynth line, Push 1 and 2, UDO Super Gemini, all the Roli, Linn, Osmose, etc. So, while the market isn’t saturated with it, the options are available at many different price points. I can’t help but think that it will become important again. Not to the click-in-a-piano-roll crowd, but to the keyboard players among us.
I also hope that it will the attention that it deserves from the hardware site soon. Unlike MPE (which is a pretty ugly hack of the midi protocol) polyphonic aftertouch is well-defined as a specification. It properly works.
True, it is a pretty ugly hack, but I’ve always found that it works pretty well. Even before Live supported it, there was a way to make it work. Another ugly hack on top of an ugly hack, but effective. Luckily, it’s now natively supported. Who knows, maybe MIDI 2 will render MPE moot if it’s widely adopted. Here’s hoping!
One issue that i see is the price point. It seems that it is more expensive to build poly- aftertouch keyboards.
My hope is that now that NI is in the game with a good quality Fatar keyboard, it will get into the hands of a lot of people who don’t normally even know it exists. It’s not that much more expensive than other good quality controllers.

Not everyone will become a fan, but many will, which will add to the older fans like me. Now we just need Lady Ga Ga or someone similarly popular to feature it in concert or a video and all the kids will be clamoring for it.

That’s my dream, at least. :lol:
Just desparately tried to buy a slim masterkeyboard with only essential controls: polyphonic aftertouch, a modwheel and a pitchwheel. I want to have my keys in front of my computer screen behind my computer keyboard and do not have much space. Result: No such product exists :o
One decent option is to get the Roli Lumi Keys and just put two of them connected together for 4 octaves. You get poly aftertouch, and full MPE, as well as a pretty compact form factor.

https://roli.com/products/blocks/lumi-k ... io-edition

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:33 pm
As far as I know, Live was the only hold out for polyphonic aftertouch support, and that’s been remedied. The whole Kontrol 3 line transmits it, as does the Quantum 2, Iridium keyboard, the whole Hydrasynth line, Push 1 and 2, UDO Super Gemini, all the Roli, Linn, Osmose, etc. So, while the market isn’t saturated with it, the options are available at many different price points. I can’t help but think that it will become important again. Not to the click-in-a-piano-roll crowd, but to the keyboard players among us.
I also hope that it will the attention that it deserves from the hardware site soon. Unlike MPE (which is a pretty ugly hack of the midi protocol) polyphonic aftertouch is well-defined as a specification. It properly works.
True, it is a pretty ugly hack, but I’ve always found that it works pretty well. Even before Live supported it, there was a way to make it work. Another ugly hack on top of an ugly hack, but effective. Luckily, it’s now natively supported. Who knows, maybe MIDI 2 will render MPE moot if it’s widely adopted. Here’s hoping!
One issue that i see is the price point. It seems that it is more expensive to build poly- aftertouch keyboards.
My hope is that now that NI is in the game with a good quality Fatar keyboard, it will get into the hands of a lot of people who don’t normally even know it exists. It’s not that much more expensive than other good quality controllers.

Not everyone will become a fan, but many will, which will add to the older fans like me. Now we just need Lady Ga Ga or someone similarly popular to feature it in concert or a video and all the kids will be clamoring for it.

Just desparately tried to buy a slim masterkeyboard with only essential controls: polyphonic aftertouch, a modwheel and a pitchwheel. I want to have my keys in front of my computer screen behind my computer keyboard and do not have much space. Result: No such product exists :o
One decent option is to get the Roli Lumi Keys and just put two of them connected together for 4 octaves. You get poly aftertouch, and full MPE, as well as a pretty compact form factor.

How are they? The concept is cool, and I love my Rise, but I worry that they focused too much on it being an educational tool.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:15 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:33 pm

How are they? The concept is cool, and I love my Rise, but I worry that they focused too much on it being an educational tool.
In all honesty I didn't love the feel of the one I bought, but I bought a very early version and I wonder if the feel of the keys changed after that. I'd be curious to try again but you can always send it back if you order one.

Chipi wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:52 pm Image
Dang , my perfect studio! :o

Where'd you get the pic?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:32 am

Where'd you get the pic?
My guess would be Midjourney.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:25 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:32 am

Where'd you get the pic?
My guess would be Midjourney.
:tu: Generating now.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I guess all that money went into the view and not into getting a PC that's not butt ugly.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Instruments”