2023: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2023)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:30 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:01 am There seems to be a major misunderstanding of the point of threads like these.

None of us post in here to celebrate winning anything.

We are merely relaying tales of our sad defeats by GAS.
Speak for yourself. I'm in it to win it. I wish I would have known about the competition sooner. Also, not apologizing for GAS this year. I'm having more fun, that's what matters.
Hell yeah, sounds like a winner to me.

The biggest KVR GAS Grump is having fun! :hyper:

Two (well, three) more bits of hardware for the year...

My brother and my sister-in-law got me Otamatones. I think something went weird with my Amazon wishlist because my wife said it was still on my list and she almost got me one too.

What she did get me was a Paper Jamz "Pro Microphone". A toy mini-amp with mic (and line in/headphone out) that can do karaoke stuff and has an autotune effect as well as vibrato, chorus and harmonizer. It sounds pretty wild with feedback or holding the mic in front of a desk fan, or playing an Otamatone into it :hihi: Haven't hooked it up to the modular or the K.O. II yet...

Apparently they are good candidates for circuit bending, too.

Scored an epic DI for my bass, a Broughton Studio One.
IMG_2189.jpeg
The builder, Josh, only makes limited quantities. I snagged one on this Xmas Day drop, all gone in under 5 minutes.

Stoked!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:32 pm Scored an epic DI for my bass, a Broughton Studio One.
Just passed that on to some DI geeks I know.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:44 pm one-cable-short.. :tu:
2024 for sure!

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:30 pm Speak for yourself. I'm in it to win it. I wish I would have known about the competition sooner. Also, not apologizing for GAS this year. I'm having more fun, that's what matters.
Don’t forget the frivolous waste factor. After lusting after a Torso T-1 for a year, I got one three months ago and still haven’t learned how to use it. Eat my dust.

f**k yeah, I’m in on this party bus.

CMX 1978 is inbound.

It’ll join Zen Delay and Analog Heat 2 in the Van Gogh corner.

In show of excess that only GAS could account for, I can pick between the OTO Machine Trio or this interesting new buddy system.

Can’t wait to make some noise through these.

elxsound wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:32 am f**k yeah, I’m in on this party bus.

CMX 1978 is inbound.

In show of excess that only GAS could account for, I can pick between the OTO Machine Trio or this interesting new buddy system.

I feel like a single fart recorded with a vintage U87 stretched out to minutes of, wait for it, tail space, would be the perfect ambient celebration of GAS.

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:28 pm
elxsound wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:32 am f**k yeah, I’m in on this party bus.

CMX 1978 is inbound.

I feel like a single fart recorded with a vintage U87 stretched out to minutes of, wait for it, tail space, would be the perfect ambient celebration of GAS.
Seems there’s already a perfect title for this museum worthy performance piece…
Uncle E wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:27 amthe frivolous waste factor.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:27 am
ghettosynth wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:30 pm Speak for yourself. I'm in it to win it. I wish I would have known about the competition sooner. Also, not apologizing for GAS this year. I'm having more fun, that's what matters.
Don’t forget the frivolous waste factor. After lusting after a Torso T-1 for a year, I got one three months ago and still haven’t learned how to use it. Eat my dust.
There should be an award for the longest gap between delivery and use. I have a couple of modules from early this year that have yet to be even tested. I guess I'm playing with fire on that, whatever.

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:32 pm There should be an award for the longest gap between delivery and use.
New gear day for me is an event that I plan days in advance, so I think my record is about 17 minutes and 32 seconds from receiving the box and powering it on. :party:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:52 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:32 pm There should be an award for the longest gap between delivery and use.
New gear day for me is an event that I plan days in advance, so I think my record is about 17 minutes and 32 seconds from receiving the box and powering it on. :party:
Yeah, you showed some real restraint that day! :hihi:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

I still have a couple modules i never opened from over a year ago. I also opened but never
actually turned on my sonicware sampler that
i got from the kickstarter. lol

*the bm_mixer eurorack module was from around 2 years ago prob.

*Oh, I also have a full linear one piece eurorack power system that I have yet
to use. Also full racks to go with it. 2
sets. A couple eurorack cases in other
words.
Last edited by pekbro on Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damn, and I thought I was bad this year! Im off Zoloft that I started in March. That shit made me super lazy. It’d take me days to get to new things and it didn’t matter how excited I was to get something.

f**king vampire meds.

Now all I want to do is make up for lost time.

elxsound wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:10 pm
Now all I want to do is make up for lost time.
jamuary? to kick off the year with a boost in creativity?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”