Did FXpansion die?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The main problem with BDFs is the lack of normal advertising. A lot of virtual tool developers are now literally flooding social networks with their proposals. A couple of good promo videos would be enough to sell old products.

Right now you can find the announcement of the "BFD Player" on the site, about which almost nothing is known. Again, no ads and no explanation)

Oh I missed this thread.

BFD still lives. FXpansion is dead. I still mourn it. ROLI are abysmal as a company. :roll:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

It’s a real shame. No sample based drum plug-in comes close to the modulation possibilities of Geist 2. Having a million things modulated by velocity, including sample start and start delay, and having the macros made for incredibly organic patched.

Really could use a couple of bug fixes and small feature tweaks, but I still use it as my main drum machine.

I still have the Future Music version of Geist(1) on disc but I'm afraid if I install it I can't authorize it. I loved the Slicer in it. You could slice beats and rearrange them and always get something good.

Amberience wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:22 pm ROLI are abysmal as a company. :roll:
Sadly so are inMusic. At least ROLI didn't add anything to BFD that actually made it worse (i.e. the licensing system).

Amberience wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:22 pm Oh I missed this thread.

BFD still lives. FXpansion is dead. I still mourn it. ROLI are abysmal as a company. :roll:
Why? I bought their Rise 49. I love it and have had no problems at all with it. It came with Equator, which is an excellent synth. The upgrade to Equator 2 was a bit expensive, but it’s really a lot more instrument. I was able to upgrade all my FXspansion DCAM synths (well, not Cypher, sadly) and they all run nicely on my PC with full MPE capabilities. I have nothing but praise for Roli. Trust me, FXspansion wasn’t a good company and the alternative to Roli was really just getting abandoned.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:04 am
Amberience wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:22 pm Oh I missed this thread.

Why? I bought their Rise 49. I love it and have had no problems at all with it. It came with Equator, which is an excellent synth. The upgrade to Equator 2 was a bit expensive, but it’s really a lot more instrument. I was able to upgrade all my FXspansion DCAM synths (well, not Cypher, sadly) and they all run nicely on my PC with full MPE capabilities. I have nothing but praise for Roli. Trust me, FXspansion wasn’t a good company and the alternative to Roli was really just getting abandoned.
I'm trying to figure out what was wrong with FXpansion? Obviously they didn't know how to market things, but I like the plug ins. Conversely I would say the same about Roli. I gave up on Equator 2, I really don't need their software verification/sales product/menu bar item around all al the time. I like their products, but they have some strange ideas on how to authorize Equator.

I wanted to replace my Rise 25 24 :scared: 3 yrs ago now. I bet you still can't get one. I looked for it for well over a year and no joy.

Just checked, they don't make any such thing. There's just the one MPE job now, $1399.

f**k me! No more Blocks, either. But you can always buy a Lumi or three if you want, assuming you live in one of the countries they will actually ship them to (which still doesn't include Australia). Lumi looks like a pretty decent MPE controller.
Amberience wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:22 pmROLI are abysmal as a company. :roll:
What are you talking about!?! Roli are f**king awesome. Their hardware is game-changing stuff and Equator is one of the best synths you can buy. It also gets updated fairly regularly.
machinesworking wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:47 amI gave up on Equator 2, I really don't need their software verification/sales product/menu bar item around all al the time. I like their products, but they have some strange ideas on how to authorize Equator.
What? Equator just runs after you install it. It's gotta be the simplest possible thing I own.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

ROLI went into administration. Super successful company. A great. f**king awesome 👍🏻

The did (past tense) certainly design some cool stuff though.

Huge f**king pity allowing Geist to die. Wankers.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

BONES wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:15 am What? Equator just runs after you install it. It's gotta be the simplest possible thing I own.
Equator loses authorization after roughly 30 days if you don't have Roli Connect running, usually at least on Mac in the menu bar, on the task bar on PC. So it phones home all the time, one of my least favorite authorization methods, I prefer iLok over that.

Why? Just leave Roli Connect running and you'll have no problems. It's not like it uses any resources and it keeps everything up to date.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I really liked Equator 2 the couple times I used it but aesthetically that daemon or whatever just isn't for me. I just re-setup on a new machine and kind of can't be arsed to install the samples. Actually I believed I had because I ran the things successfully according to the thing, but there are just empty folders out of it. We'll have to agree to disagree on ROLI, lol.

BONES wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:15 am Lumi looks like a pretty decent MPE controller.
Huh. I didn't know it even did that. I remember my impression was they just make stuff for children's edumacashum now (my disinterest is such). I mean the color-coding is pretty childlike.

I had a good time with what I had, even though it's truly a weird feel.

Lumi doesn't have Slide but it does all the other stuff a Seaboard can do. And you can connect them up seamlessly, to other Lumis or to a Seaboard Block. You can choose different colour schemes, it doesn't have to be a speak-n-spell if you don't want it to be. I just wish I could buy one here. If making it good for kid's to learn on helps to pay the bills so they can do other things, I'm all for it. After all, it's pretty obvious the market for MPE controllers isn't big enough to sustain anyone's business so if that's what they need to do to keep the doors open, let 'em have at it. The guys who make the Erae Touch seem to be branching out, too, with a touch surface you don't even have to touch, which they are promoting outside the MPE market.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”