Did FXpansion die?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, one hopes they continue with synth creation. TBH Equator 2 was stunning, albeit the things I picked and tweaked were so loaded about everything else had to be rendered, it was taking a very robust machine to its knees. Massive complexity, a true beast.

Today I was remembering Geist (v1). It was definitely the best drum, groove, and sampling software on the market. It has some very annoying UX issue, but they could have been solved. Somehow, the developer vision was more along the UX of Geist v2, which was many steps backwards. If v1 was properly maintained, it would still be the best selling solution for today's large market of producers. I have all the best alternatives (Maschine, Battery, Push, XO, MPC, etc) - none of them offered the creative workflow of Geist 1. RIP

Maybe if Angus and Skot are reading this and still have the legal right to develop Geist....V3 should really resemble v1. It didn't need more features. It just needed UI/UX improvements. All the new software alternatives are still catching up to v1. That says a lot about why Geist should be properly revived.
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

It just smells funny.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Strobe and Cypher are fantastic. I wonder how much longer I’ll be able to use them on Mac OS.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

i use geist 2 and it's a great tool!

ah böwakawa poussé poussé

JBlongz wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:17 pm Today I was remembering Geist (v1). It was definitely the best drum, groove, and sampling software on the market. It has some very annoying UX issue, but they could have been solved. Somehow, the developer vision was more along the UX of Geist v2, which was many steps backwards. If v1 was properly maintained, it would still be the best selling solution for today's large market of producers. I have all the best alternatives (Maschine, Battery, Push, XO, MPC, etc) - none of them offered the creative workflow of Geist 1. RIP

Maybe if Angus and Skot are reading this and still have the legal right to develop Geist....V3 should really resemble v1. It didn't need more features. It just needed UI/UX improvements. All the new software alternatives are still catching up to v1. That says a lot about why Geist should be properly revived.
Angus works for Image Line now. There will never be a Geist 3, that's just dreaming.

As for Geist 1 being better than Geist 2, it's all subjective. Your "many steps backwards" is my "many steps forward." I didn't like like Geist 1 at all, could barely use it for my purposes. Geist 2 otoh is the best drum sampler + sequencer ever conceived, imo.

I love Geist 1 & 2 equally.
Geist 1 with an Akai MPD32 16-pad controller was great!
v2 was definitely more complex, basically a rhythm-focused mini-DAW...
Wish FXPansion had kept developing this & Tremor - a fantastic drum synth!

Maul, Bloom and Etch were some of my favourite effects plugins.

Bloom and etch were unique in both their quality, but mostly the modulation. Xmod was the best mod system I’ve ever used.

I don’t get how bankruptcies work with software. I guess they’re not allowed to sell the IP to repay the debt? You figure that’d be desired by everyone.

Aiynzahev wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:10 pm Strobe and Cypher are fantastic. I wonder how much longer I’ll be able to use them on Mac OS.
Well, they’re helping Roli push it’s hardware MPE controllers, so I imagine they will want to maintain them.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:15 am
Aiynzahev wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:10 pm Strobe and Cypher are fantastic. I wonder how much longer I’ll be able to use them on Mac OS.
Well, they’re helping Roli push it’s hardware MPE controllers, so I imagine they will want to maintain them.
They need to develop Apple Silicon native VST3 versions then

FXpansion Guru/Geist were Devine creations... They were watered down versions of Devine Machine 5 X-Incarn 2.0 but with a more generic GUI... Devine Machine 5 X-Incarn 2.0 then became Devine Machine VST which was virtually the same thing just VSTi instead of standalone...

It was FAR MORE than Guru or Geist but many were turned off by the alien GUI....

Truly a case where older is better>>>

That looks like a children's PC game from 1998 :ud:
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”