Sad state of Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Native Access is like Sonivox.

Really poor installer and NI's support is shocking like Sonivox.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:52 pm Speedrum 2 was released recently. It's similar to B4. Now it has a sequencer!
Can you show us a screenshot of said sequencer? I am finding nothing on the Apisonic website about any added sequencer to Speeddrum or any release of Speeddrum 2 for that matter.

LFO8 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:22 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:52 pm Speedrum 2 was released recently. It's similar to B4. Now it has a sequencer!
Can you show us a screenshot of said sequencer? I am finding nothing on the Apisonic website about any added sequencer to Speeddrum or any release of Speeddrum 2 for that matter.
It's in the v2 beta
https://www.apisonic-audio.com/speedrum2.html

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:59 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:24 pm I would be really pissed off if NI dropped Battery 4. It is such a great product with so many great features...
Right up until you use something like say Wave Alchemy Triaz (Native) or practically anything else that loads drum samples.

I have tried to like Battery for yeeeeaaaarrrrssss and I still do not get it.

As far as it being "dropped" - considering we haven't had anything to write home about since 2013 - this thing has long since been dropped in term of relevancy.

VP
How many samples can you layer on a pad in Triaz ?

Some of the drums I'm running in Battery are 128 layers and I've run some up to 192 and it doesn't even break a sweat because it is the Kontakt engine streaming from an M2.HD...

Everybody has their favourite work toys and I really like Battery. 4 🌞
No auto tune...

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:59 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:24 pm I would be really pissed off if NI dropped Battery 4. It is such a great product with so many great features...
Right up until you use something like say Wave Alchemy Triaz (Native) or practically anything else that loads drum samples.

I have tried to like Battery for yeeeeaaaarrrrssss and I still do not get it.

As far as it being "dropped" - considering we haven't had anything to write home about since 2013 - this thing has long since been dropped in term of relevancy.
NI giveth and taketh!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:52 am
And not everyone has any need to layer 192 samples on a pad

Why you would need that many layers is beyond me - but it is what it is I guess :tu:

VP
Last edited by Vocalpoint Studios on Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintjohnbaxter wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:13 am
LFO8 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:22 am
It's in the v2 beta
https://www.apisonic-audio.com/speedrum2.html
Cheers!

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:16 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:52 am
And not everyone has any need to layer 192 samples on a pad

Why you would need that many layers is beyond me - but it is what it is I guess :tu:

VP
They are velocity hits....not round robin...

One for each MIDI velocity transmitted....

It sounds great with "real" drums and a "real" drummer...

More mega pixels = a more accurate and realistic photo 😉
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:40 pm They are velocity hits....not round robin...One for each MIDI velocity transmitted....
Got it.

Just would never consider Battery for this type of work when there are much better options are out there. Superior Drummer 3 comes to mind - more than I will ever need for "real" drums.

Cheers

VP

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:01 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:40 pm They are velocity hits....not round robin...One for each MIDI velocity transmitted....
Got it.

Just would never consider Battery for this type of work when there are much better options are out there. Superior Drummer 3 comes to mind - more than I will ever need for "real" drums.

Cheers

VP
I have BFD 3 and I prefer it over Superior Drummer for raw,natural acoustic drums...

I used SD 2 for years until I found out how to get BFD happening...

But now I use B4 for a lot of drum tracks in "pop music",because I like the editing possibilities and it's quick and easy to shape the drum and percussion parts...

Plus...the streaming from SSD is faultless....

You asked why I'm using so many velocity layers...

Well....velocity is not the same as volume and when you hit a drum harder,it is not only louder....the timbre changes....a lot...

So when you 128 velocity levels on tap,you can really hear the difference 🌞
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:27 pm You asked why I'm using so many velocity layers...

Well....velocity is not the same as volume and when you hit a drum harder,it is not only louder....the timbre changes....a lot...

So when you 128 velocity levels on tap,you can really hear the difference 🌞
^^^ that ^^^ :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Smasha wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:00 am Native Access is like Sonivox.

Really poor installer and NI's support is shocking like Sonivox.
For as much as I rip on NI, my tech support experience has been positive.

Well I finally got NA working by enabling the virtual drive enumerator in device manager.

Yeah, its getting better. Few weeks past I had tremendous problems with the NA.
Same thing with the iZotope, btw, the product manager has worked well, lately.
Lets wish the good trend will last.

how is the aliasing on native instruments plugin :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Return to “Instruments”