Sad state of Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jamcat wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:26 pm I hadn't checked the progress of UI vectorization since Kontakt 7.8, but it looks like NI have finally finished the job!

Here is Kontakt 7.10.1:

All text and symbol elements now display smoothly at 200%! :clap:

For references, here is it in v7.8.0:
Kontakt logo still looks blurry, any text element no longer does though.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:05 pm I care becasue I don't want them to abandon reaktor , the only thing that might substitute it is Plug data ( pure data )
I’ve made my peace with the current situation, and I’m … happy?

Reaktor is alive and reasonably well, at least it won’t stop working for the foreseeable future; they’re clearly throwing resources at Kontakt; Guitar Rig had a nice update; their DSP is still top notch; and I’m confident one day they’ll finally manage to build an unified and functional browser and integrate it into all of their products, including Massive X.

The next Komplete update/upgrade will most likely be the first one I’ll buy in years. I really want GR7, and I’m looking forward to what they’ll come up with once they’ve consolidated all those different companies and subdivisions. If I can dream: I want a new Reaktor based instrument, maxing out modern CPUs :borg: And MX2, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

LFO8 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:04 am
jamcat wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:26 pm I hadn't checked the progress of UI vectorization since Kontakt 7.8, but it looks like NI have finally finished the job!

Here is Kontakt 7.10.1:

And the editor is completely bitmappy still

LFO8 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:04 am Kontakt logo still looks blurry
Oh no!

Uninstalled and refunded.

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:16 pm
LFO8 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:04 am Kontakt logo still looks blurry
Oh no!

Uninstalled and refunded.
:roll: just stating a fact

Well, yeah, but, does it hinder you from using the plugin? Or, does it make the usage experience significantly worse?

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:07 pm Well, yeah, but, does it hinder you from using the plugin? Or, does it make the usage experience significantly worse?
if you have bad eyes and need glasses, it looks like it says kumquat, which makes you desire a refreshing, but tiny fruit, distracting you from production duties.
on the flip side, it does boost your vitamin intake.

At first I thought I dodged all the woes of this thread but…

I just switched from Maschine to Ableton Live because the NKS knobs on the GUI for Mac glitch after a few moments of use with a mouse. And then I found out that this has been a known bug on Mac for years. Had I known I would have bought at PC again because I really love the maschine work flow and know it inside and out.

I honestly don’t know how people use Maschine on a Mac I wish I knew. I’m still arranging in Reaper because I’ve customized it to fit like a glove and it does things that Live can’t…

And Battery 4 has some of the same issues. How is this possible.

Is there something I am missing? I genuinely hope so because I’d love to get these things working again.

I make these comments here not as a hater but as a lover wishing for change…

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:07 pm Well, yeah, but, does it hinder you from using the plugin?
No
chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:07 pmOr, does it make the usage experience significantly worse?
Yes

Then you have a problem, if you're usage experience is that influenced by how blurry the logo of a plugin looks like.

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:16 pm Then you have a problem, if you're usage experience is that influenced by how blurry the logo of a plugin looks like.
Are you used to winning points for pointing out the obvious in any discussion or...?

:party:

yep, I've noticed it as well, this is how he goes.

LFO8 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:31 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:16 pm Then you have a problem, if you're usage experience is that influenced by how blurry the logo of a plugin looks like.
Are you used to winning points for pointing out the obvious in any discussion or...?

:party:
So, the obvious is that you have a problem when your usage experience is that influenced by how blurry the logo of the plugin looks like. Well, yeah, kind of. The question is why you don't just see past such vanities then, if it's so obvious to you.

This thread is titled "The sad state of Native Instruments' DPI scaling" and it excludes the 27 other major issues the brand is experiencing, yes. It all boils down to this. Ha ha ha those nit picky users! We will show them! [by also ignoring DPI scaling]

LFO8 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:04 am

Here is Kontakt 7.10.1:

They still use the horribly old font in many places, eg.

and

Return to “Instruments”