Sad state of Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Music made with "bad font" and "blurry logos" sucks right?

swilow11 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:31 am Music made with "bad font" and "blurry logos" sucks right?
I can hear the difference :lol:

I could bitch and moan all day about NI's new bean counters and the appalling way that they have screwed the talented coders and shifted their focus to the easy money ,but that's just going to bring all of those negatives back into my world...

The bottom line is that I use many of their products and they work and sound great...

The're all VST3 and there are no issues with stability ...

So I just get on with the process of making music in a positive environment and try to leave the bitching and moaning to other folks outside of my immediate sphere :tu:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:28 am
swilow11 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:31 am Music made with "bad font" and "blurry logos" sucks right?
I can hear the difference :lol:

I could bitch and moan all day about NI's new bean counters and the appealing way that they have screwed the talented coders and shifted their focus to the easy money ,but that's just going to bring all of those negatives back into my world...

The bottom line is that I use many of their products and they work and sound great...

The're all VST3 and there are no issues with stability ...

So I just get on with the process of making music in a positive environment and try to leave the bitching and moaning to other folks outside of my immediate sphere :tu:
For some reason NI have become something like the big pharma of the music software world. People just seem to think they've been corrupted by their corporate owners. Like there's something wrong with focusing on profit. Let's face it, all companies that sell their wares are focused on that and the way to increase profit for music software is to do the thing that no one here is complaining about, and that's make products that sound fantastic which NI absolutely does.

Stuff like Reaktor, Razor, Massive X, FM8- these are all up there with the best in their class. Blurry font aside, just use your ears and enjoy using top quality gear.

I think people are struggling with the notion that things in the world - such as software developers - might not necessarily be pure good or pure evil.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I think when the application download tool has been failing for quite some time, coupled with poor Apple support, coupled with EOL for some apps like Absynth, coupled with really poor customer support, and more, there's reason to cast doubt on the intentions of the business.
Bunch O Stuff

Scoops wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:29 am I think when the application download tool has been failing for quite some time, coupled with poor Apple support, coupled with EOL for some apps like Absynth, coupled with really poor customer support, and more, there's reason to cast doubt on the intentions of the business.
to be honest, that sounds more "our management is a bit crap and we laid too many people off" .

though that does tend to be the end result of private-equity involvement.

I saw updates for 25 of my plug ins today on NI Access. Of course no sign of Battery.
Plus NI Access also had an update and now it is not launching at all :lol:

Where can one buy some Native Instruments equity? :D

They could do a Battery 5 with a sequencer AND drum synthesis... 🤩

spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:46 pm Where can one buy some Native Instruments equity? :D
NI shares can be bought and sold by your custodian bank every day. :)
The share is listed on the stock exchanges:

--- Nasdaq (New York, as "NI Holdings Inc Registered Shs")
--- Frankfurt (Germany)
--- Lang und Schwarz (Stuttgart, Germany)

The share is traded under the ISIN = "US65342T1060".
Some data about the share:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
share price on April 23, 2024: 15,28 USD
market capitalization: 300 Mio USD
dividend: 0
WKN (in Germany): A2DTXS
branch of trade: financial services
freefloat: 33%
main shareholder: Jeffrey Thorp
employees: 234
business volume 2023: ca. 370 Mio €
yield: since 2022 negativ
CEO: Michael J. Alexander
CFO: Seth C. Daggett
chairman: Eric K. Aasmundstad
address: 1101 1st Avenue North, 58102 Fargo

Edit - correction: Unfortunately, this data is incorrect.
Because this is just an insurance company in Fargo, USA.
But it's called "NI Holdings". :(
Last edited by enroe on Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Danilo Villanova wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am They could do a Battery 5 with a sequencer AND drum synthesis... 🤩
That wouldn’t be battery. It’d be a new product.

Gave ethereal earth a try, which came with komplete. Turns out the sequencer doesn't sync correctly on sample rates higher than 44100. Apparently this bug is known for more than a year and affects all play series libraries. I don't even know what's more pathetic - that a company like NI can't even get a simple feature like daw tempo sync right in 2024 or that they keep releasing libs with this broken engine/framework.

enroe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:13 am
spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:46 pm Where can one buy some Native Instruments equity? :D

--- Frankfurt (Germany)

[...]

This data is open to everyone and easy to find.
I'm pretty sure that's an insurance company :ud:

dayjob wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:24 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am They could do a Battery 5 with a sequencer AND drum synthesis... 🤩
That wouldn’t be battery. It’d be a new product.
Maybe they would call it "Maschine"
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spacepluk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:50 am
enroe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:13 am

--- Frankfurt (Germany)

[...]

This data is open to everyone and easy to find.
I'm pretty sure that's an insurance company :ud:
Neither Francisco Partners nor Ni are quoted on any market
The ISIN number refers to https://www.google.com/finance/quote/NODK:NASDAQ
A firm founded in 1946 !

Return to “Instruments”