SynthMaster 3 development updates

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

I will be sharing latest development updates on this thread.

so far, here's what SynthMaster 3 prototype looks like (I'm currently editing the 1024x768 iPad layout. Once the features have matured, I'll move to other layouts):
One Layer Multiple Modules.jpg
What features I've added so far:

1. you can add/remove layers as you wish, with up to 16 layers per preset.
2. you can add/remove modulation sources as you wish, with up to 64 sources per layer.
3. you can add/remove modules and connect them as you wish, with up to 32 modules / layer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Nice.. Best wishes with it Bulent.
Looking forward to it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Really Cool Bulent!

Looking forward to it, looks cool

Cool. Do you have a rough idea when you'll release it?

igorius wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:45 pm Cool. Do you have a rough idea when you'll release it?
By the end of February I am planning to finish all framework related changes:

1. add/remove layers
2. add/remove layer modulation sources
3. add/remove layer modules
4. load sm1/sm2 presets into layers
5. separate existing sm2 oscillators/filters into other modules, such as: waveform osc, sample osc, additive osc, vector osc, digital filter, ladder filter. etc.
6. change preset format so it occupies much less space (if time left)

After the above items are all complete, I will start the following in March:

7. Granular synthesis (estimating 1 month for this)
8. multisample editor + more compatibility with sfz format (2-3 months)
9. wavetable editor (2-3 months)

So hopefuly by the end of July we should have an alpha/beta version to give our testers. + 2 months for sound design&testing -> end of September release date :) There's also the possibility to postpone the release date to holiday season (December 1st).

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Looks great!
Gui update is what excites me the most. :)

One gui suggestion:
When the tabs fill up, could you compress them to visually make room for more, before they hide out of sight only to be revealed by the scroll arrows on the side? Lets say you keep only the first and last letter to make room for more visible tabs, but only if there is no more room for full tabs.

Example tabs:
Mod 2, Osc 2, Mod 3, Mod 4
Compressed view:
M2, O2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7

Another suggestion: I love that in Pigment 4 we can see 3 lfos fully at the same time.

I often use 2 lfos in conjunction with each other for like wah wah type sounds etc. Its very helpfull to have both open so to quicker go back and forth to micro adjust them so to perform optimal in harmony.

Lets say if the 4 main gui modules could be moved arround, minimized, and optionally get dobble width of the whole synth so there could be 2 lfos next to each other. This would be a huge workflow improvement. Currently there are 4 mouse clicks going back and forth between 2 lfos.

If the two top boxes and the two bottom boxes could display the same things horizontally with tabs that would basically be it.

I just did a full day shootout of Pigments 4 vs Synthmaster 2.9. Synthmaster sounds much better, clearer more punchy filters with the option to overdrive into, before or after the filter makes robust yet sharp mix cutting leads.

Pigments sounded bland in comparison. Week boring filters, and with no filter overdrive.
Nicest, fastest and most workflow improving gui I have ever tried. Didnt open the manual once. Understood everything instantly. But im not going to use it in my productions if the sound does not cut it. Had the same experience with Vital.

Anyhow, long story short, I would love if there could be some more gui workflow improvements on Synthmaster 3. Especially the ability to see multiple lfos and envelopes at the same time is stellar.

SynthMaster synth engine + Pigments workflow = "dream synth". :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Here is a quick mockup of the suggestions:

5B7F91DC-4FBB-4DCF-BCB4-8947F6D9F142.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

And a mock-up of the vst, before and after, with some improved screen space real estate especially good for laptops. (less dead space on the gui) All knobs are the same style instead of a mix of fake 3d and vector.

The idea is that you can see 2 lfos or 2 envelopes at the same time if you like. The first tab in the row will always be left window, and the second active tab will be the right window.

PS. Sorry for the blurry graphics, its just a quick mock-up sketch for fun!

Old, and New underneath:

Dang, can't wait for version 3, especially the multisample editor. I really hope you can manually switch up or down all the multisamples. I found importing some sfz, especially if there is a lot of movement and parts in it, think a heavy soundscape, sometimes the pitches is down 2-3 octaves from intended, or up this amount.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Oh, and super please, have the ability to turn off keytracking for samples. I want it to play completely the same sound on any key in some cases. There seems to be a keytrack setting, yet it seems to do nothing for samples/sfz. Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

kv331 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:35 am
igorius wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:45 pm Cool. Do you have a rough idea when you'll release it?
By the end of February I am planning to finish all framework related changes:

1. add/remove layers
2. add/remove layer modulation sources
3. add/remove layer modules
4. load sm1/sm2 presets into layers
5. separate existing sm2 oscillators/filters into other modules, such as: waveform osc, sample osc, additive osc, vector osc, digital filter, ladder filter. etc.
6. change preset format so it occupies much less space (if time left)

After the above items are all complete, I will start the following in March:

7. Granular synthesis (estimating 1 month for this)
8. multisample editor + more compatibility with sfz format (2-3 months)
9. wavetable editor (2-3 months)

So hopefuly by the end of July we should have an alpha/beta version to give our testers. + 2 months for sound design&testing -> end of September release date :) There's also the possibility to postpone the release date to holiday season (December 1st).

Bulent
Is the planned release date still somewhere between end of September and beginning of December? I know it's not uncommon in software development for things to take longer than expected. I'm just curious, because I'm really looking forward to the next version. Keep us informed =)

Return to “KV331 Audio”