Trash 3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

billinder33 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:46 pm WTF does that mean? It means consolidating sales, marketing, and development by firing 60% of current staff and wringing the profits out of the shell that remains while product development and innovation comes to a screeching halt, with the hope of dumping the mess on some other 'investor' a couple years down the road who will then try to do the same.

My sympathies to those who are heavily invested in those once great product suites, myself included.
It's ok, but thanks. I got and am getting my money's worth out of my PA and iZotope products (well maybe not iZotope as I moved away from using their products in favour of others better suited to me but that was before the merger/takeover). I am just careful now about spending any more money with them. I am on Forever29 with PA and that's all I am "in" for which suits me.

I'd rather have things go the way they have than say the way Camel, FXPansion, etc have - total customer and product abandonment.

plexuss wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:31 pm I got and am getting my money's worth out of my PA and iZotope products (well maybe not iZotope as I moved away from using their products in favour of others better suited to me but that was before the merger/takeover). I am just careful now about spending any more money with them. I am on Forever29 with PA and that's all I am "in" for which suits me.

I'd rather have things go the way they have than say the way Camel, FXPansion, etc have - total customer and product abandonment.
Same here, it's not ideal, but I still use some stuff like RX and Neutron Transient Shaper regularly and also had lots of fun with Iris, StutterEdit and BreaktTweaker. As long as they continue to provide the downloads I'm more or less ok with it. Had much worse experiences with some discontinued tools that completely vanished.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Oh, that would be great... But it's dead and buried and will never happen.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I'd be surprised if anything like Trash 2 appears in the medium-long term. The market has shifted so much toward analog modelling since Trash debuted in 2003 that I'm not sure even an official Trash 3 would be particularly Trash-like. I'd love to see another Swiss-army knife digital distortion workstation type plugin because there are so many analog modelled options.

Johnnyjohn wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:00 pm man we should start a petition to get this one day, still unmatched
Trash 3 is probably the one thing that would get me back into the Izotope ecosystem. I have Their Music Production Bundle with Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced Nectar 3 adv. etc. After a while I got tired of paying them $150 or so every year for what seemed like fairly incremental improvements, and now there's no crossgrade option that doesn't basically treat me the same as someone who got Ozone elements for free with a pluginboutique purchase.

So I've pretty much written off Izotope. You bring back Trash 3 and it offers the same kind of power and workflow as trash 2, I'm back in.

Please NI, don't kill Izotope. Many of your dev's best ideas have been sacrificed on the altar of your marketing considerations ... which are actually disconnected from market reality.

Trash 2 is baller. Fully support a Trash 3

Razzia wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:37 pm
Johnnyjohn wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:00 pm man we should start a petition to get this one day, still unmatched
Trash 3 is probably the one thing that would get me back into the Izotope ecosystem. I have Their Music Production Bundle with Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced Nectar 3 adv. etc. After a while I got tired of paying them $150 or so every year for what seemed like fairly incremental improvements, and now there's no crossgrade option that doesn't basically treat me the same as someone who got Ozone elements for free with a pluginboutique purchase.

So I've pretty much written off Izotope. You bring back Trash 3 and it offers the same kind of power and workflow as trash 2, I'm back in.
yep i'm in the exact same boat i have an older Music production suite wich was not cheap at the time and now i have to basically pay full price again to upgrade the the newest verison... no thanks. :ud:
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

I was able to have a short conversation with a tech support guy a little while back. Initially I contacted them over some licensing issue, but I was able to bring up the who "discontinued Trash" thing.

He said that the problem with Trash was is that it hadn't seen an upgrade in some time and all its original code was post-university days where they used a lot of bad coding practices. It was messy and would have taken a lot of time and money to unravel. They also said it's not necessarily the end of it though.

We're starting to see parts of it sneak its way into other plugins. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't eventually become part of Neutron personally.

interesting so there's still some hope left.
Thanks for the share!

Johnnyjohn wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:04 am interesting so there's still some hope left.
Thanks for the share!
"Some" hope. Although it doesn't sound to be very definitive either.

I've moved on already. I stopped using it the moment they made the announcement. Arturia's Coldfire, Unfiltered Audio's Dent, Waves MDMX or Berserker plugins will get me most of the way there, especially if you use them in something like StudioRack. It's not the same but they inject a different kind of vibe on their own accord. It's all good.

Meanwhile, if they happen to release a next-gen Trash I'll be all to happy to pick that up too.

Good things come to those who wait? Is this possibly Trash 3?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4Qs3C3L ... JhNjZ3dg==

This thread is not going to age well...

Uncle E wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:13 pm This thread is not going to age well...
this thread is fine; status quo even. Poor predictions, catastrophic thinking, and dumb hot takes from occasional grumpy people.

What do you think won’t age well about this thread?

You are from HELL. Get behind me status quo!

Return to “Effects”