Should I buy a DAW or use AI to make my music?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'be ben tinking about becoming an music producer for years now but I never did much other ten using FL studio and making some beats, they werent that good and I cant sing too good neither so I tohught maybe instead of trying to learn all dis hard stuff I could just use some AI and get pretty good at being a music producer on youtube and stuff, build my profile an start producing for some people. The AI tools look alot easier I seen stuff like this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A656GMQt5d0

are you a producer if you have a robot do the work?
do you want to be a musician or do you just think music looks easier than getting a job in construction?

and how did nick frost age backwards? :o

depends what your goals are, are you results or process driven?

to be honest, it sounds like you're results driven, you want a bunch of music you 'produced' to achieve something with (brag? get exposure? sell 'beats'? get chicks? :) )

I doesn't sound like you have any passion for the actual process or act of creation, maybe not even for the music itself. I mean, the examples in that video are all pretty wishy-washy, background music at best. Would you be happy to show that off as yours? I doubt many people would want to buy that stuff if that was your goal, could just do it themselves anyway.

'start producing for people' when you've done absolutely f**k-all of your own work?

sounds about right. dont forget to start bleating when your potential clients figure out how to use the same tools themselves, or not paying once they figure your work isnt original to you.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Music written by AI isn't yours. It's written by AI.

Do you want to cheat your auditory?

Don't you really want to tell anything to people? Why then do you want to be a musician?

What do you want to achieve? Money, glory? Do you think music making is just a good job? May be you could try something else?

I don't pretend to hear your answers. This is your business. Ask about it yourself.

Ask ChatGPT what you should do, duh!
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Use houmous.

jabba.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:56 pm Use houmous.

jabba.jpg
disney would like a word!

nerd quote : "most impressive"

i see no one is getting involved in the frost debate?? how!!!?

kanoharuayu wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:06 pm I'be ben tinking about becoming an music producer for years now
Really? How interesting ...

i think i prefer skynet type ai.

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:00 pm i see no one is getting involved in the frost debate?? how!!!?
dunno.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

in my day, if you wanted to be in a band and couldn't be arsed learning to do anything, you were bez

How about an "AI" DAW? Problem solved, but, you will need to buy a Steinberg product and have at least half a brain to get any music out of it.

https://www.steinberg.net/cubase/ai/
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

ancient7 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:00 pm Music written by AI isn't yours. It's written by AI.
AI written by music isn't yours. It's written by music.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”