UVI Percussion Factory released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Percussion Factory

UVI just released the Percussion Factory and it looks really interesting. https://www.uvi.net/percussion-factory

I just watched all the videos and to me it seems like there are some major gaps. How do I store the beats/rhythms for quick playback in a performance or a song? I get the preset, the steps and decimate, but what do I do for variant rhythms?

I feel like MIDI or stem export is table stakes these days. Or at least storing a few and attaching to a key group. Am I approaching this plugin incorrectly or is this more for playback & loop creation?

Sounds are great, intelligent sequencing and sound design, super fun. But practical application to song creation just has big gaps. I should be able to use Falcon for MIDI recording, but how about outside of Falcon? Wondering if I am just not seeing this somewhere. Can’t imagine a veteran plug maker like UVI would miss this.

The tricky part with the MIDI export is the auto align which depends on the actual RR played. Round Robin are random
so a MIDI file would not be able to compensate for this.
You can use multiple instance of the product for variant.
Samples loaded are shared across multiple instances of uviworkstation so it's not really a lot heavier
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

I see - so this is designed more as a hands-on performance tool.
B12084D4-F0D7-4D2B-9177-0E642AFE43AD.jpeg

Still would be great to have some features to support non-performance workflows. Any chance of storing sequences inside the same instance, in C4-B4?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I do agree, having just more patterns would make this a super powerful tool, not that it isn’t already.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I have changed my first comment after watching presets showcase and overview videos. I think I know why UVI presents about 5 presets only.
I noticed one good feature, you can import your own samples!
Last edited by Leo1999 on Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Where those rhythms invented in Italy as well?

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:12 am Where those rhythms invented in Italy as well?
UVI is French afaik.
My grandma could play better rhythms
with pots and spoons for sure.

How many bars can this be set to?

otristan wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:56 pm The tricky part with the MIDI export is the auto align which depends on the actual RR played. Round Robin are random
so a MIDI file would not be able to compensate for this.
You can use multiple instance of the product for variant.
Samples loaded are shared across multiple instances of uviworkstation so it's not really a lot heavier
Good to know :tu:

its so stupid they dont do demos ...

LoopyFruit wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:10 am How many bars can this be set to?
There is a maximum of 16 steps but each steps can be divided in 4 with speed ranging from 1/1 to 1/16 so technically 16 bars.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Thanks otristan.

Do you get full access to the samples?

flucatcher wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:48 am Do you get full access to the samples?
With Falcon, yes...

perc-factory-screen.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks! For non-Falcon owners, do you know if you get access to the sample files to use with other software?

Return to “Instruments”