Ooh, I like This Modular Rack...

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i like drones too, just not when im trying to do drum n bass :lol:

That video sounded pretty great. Not the kind of music I'm looking to make but it worked well, also really satisfying when the Spectraphon part came in :)

Strega patches can be tricky to duplicate since there's so much variation in their ranges.

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:09 pm i like drones too, just not when im trying to do drum n bass :lol:
:D

I don't think I've ever followed a tutorial style video, hardware or software, that had knobs/sliders rather than numerical values, and it sounded the same as what I was watching.

foosnark wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:13 pm That video sounded pretty great. Not the kind of music I'm looking to make but it worked well, also really satisfying when the Spectraphon part came in :)

Strega patches can be tricky to duplicate since there's so much variation in their ranges.
yeah that was quite something. brought it together as a whole piece too, "xpo bassline" was not what we got :hihi:

and i agree, drum and bass isn't something i particularly want to do, but i find for some modules, doing something different is where i learn most, morphagene is a prime example :)

and yup, i know strega patches won't be perfect, given the nature of strega, but im often far beyond what different ranges could offer, without it being different synths, where id expect at least some similarities.
i usually then get distracted and forget the tutorial and make something out of it, so no big loss :lol:

also, as you brought up spectraphon, it reminds me, plaits vs spectraphon, ambient heaven
some of the plaits tones can get harsh, but others are quite lush, and with just a touch of modulation on the harmonics on plaits and the slide on spectraphon gets very nice indeed imo.

Four LFO arrives tomorrow. My B. 2600 enhancer is filling up fast. Only 18hp left!

Is HP anxiety a thing?

Thinking an interesting mixing option next. Maybe a Mixwitch.

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:31 amIs HP anxiety a thing?
Buy something in an odd number of HP, you'll soon find out...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:31 am Image
Is HP anxiety a thing?
As is searching for your next case(s)…

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

or the

ooh cosmos...
yeah, but elmyra, has patch points...

:cry: im shite at decisions.

Thinking about using the Four LFO when it arrives tomorrow, and how to sync it my Korg SQ64 sequencer. Can I take the sync out of the SQ and patch straight to the sync in on the For LFO? Do I need to worry about ppqn settings or anything? I’ve never considered how clock actual works in eurorack land! Are there standards?

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:48 pm Thinking about using the Four LFO when it arrives tomorrow, and how to sync it my Korg SQ64 sequencer. Can I take the sync out of the SQ and patch straight to the sync in on the For LFO? Do I need to worry about ppqn settings or anything? I’ve never considered how clock actual works in eurorack land! Are there standards?
Not that get adhered to. Bear in mind not all synth companies agree what octave a C3 actually is so getting them to agree a clock standard is pushing it. I tend to use 24 beats pqn, but some use 48 or even 8.

Are you safe?

@SHall1000,

Have you looked at Ladik for modules? Id look there if your after affordable modules, your
using a lot of hp for the behringer stuff. Ladik
stuff is quite affordable. :shrug:

And there’s also the 2hp (company name) and the Erica Synths Pico modules which are very slim (though be careful as some are too deep for some racks/skiffs )

Are you safe?

For basic utility stuff, i think slim is the way to go, considering you can use other thin modules to modify your signals. If you dont
mind investing in more hp, thats one thing,
but with limited space...

Personally, i like multi-function modules, tho they can be costly. Moreso as i tend to lean
towards analog.
Last edited by pekbro on Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

I haven't purchased a new module in at least a month. Somebody should check my blood pressure.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”