AAS Multiphonics CV-2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This was a potentially bad move, imo. I think I got CV-1 for $80 2 years ago and I'm not sure why the FX version could've have just been pushed out soon after, since that's what a lot of the paying users wanted.

It would be cool if they gave out the upgrades to the system for free, but even charged like $35 for the option of getting the newer modules like Cherry Audio basically does. I think that would've given people like me more of a reason to upgrade, but now I'm scared that if I go all in on V2, V3 is going to be released next week with just a few more tweaks that V2 should've had.

(Also, that's pretty good enticement to get the theoretical newer module packs because you'd know that the whole platform is going to get routine bugfixes and they're not going to leave you hanging on those)

I'm definitely done with AAS, but I do wish them the best

Wow, I could swear I read something about a Buchla Waveshaper update for Multiphonics at Rekkerd, but cannot find any evidence in Google.
Am I Nostradamus if this becomes real? Or just too many beers?

andi75 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:40 pm Wow, I could swear I read something about a Buchla Waveshaper update for Multiphonics at Rekkerd, but cannot find any evidence in Google.
No beer problems, I also read something like this, but here on KVR in the deals thread. By Uncle E, I think.

Here it is.
Uncle E wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:04 pm AAS Multiphonics CV-2 Buchla Update Sale, now $99 instead of $149:
https://www.jrrshop.com/aas?dir=desc&or ... _from_date

This new free update version, a thematic update dedicated to waveshaping, brings five new modules to Multiphonics' library: a Waveshaper module, a West Coast synthesis staple supporting parallel, series, and digital topologies; a West Coast-inspired Wavewrapper module; a multi-purpose CV Shaper module for CV signals; a stereo Rectifier module with bias control; and the μScope module, a small and convenient oscilloscope for visualizing waveforms and signals in general. The update also includes 30 new factory synthesizers and effects patches highlighting these new modules.

😅
But no mails or other signs of this coming yet?

ralfrobert wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:43 pm Here it is.
Uncle E wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:04 pm AAS Multiphonics CV-2 Buchla Update Sale, now $99 instead of $149:
https://www.jrrshop.com/aas?dir=desc&or ... _from_date

This new free update version, a thematic update dedicated to waveshaping, brings five new modules to Multiphonics' library: a Waveshaper module, a West Coast synthesis staple supporting parallel, series, and digital topologies; a West Coast-inspired Wavewrapper module; a multi-purpose CV Shaper module for CV signals; a stereo Rectifier module with bias control; and the μScope module, a small and convenient oscilloscope for visualizing waveforms and signals in general. The update also includes 30 new factory synthesizers and effects patches highlighting these new modules.
Not actually released yet though

Hmm, this could make the upgrade price of $49 a bit more appealing...

I bought an AAS suite upgrade for like $32 and they threw in CV1 for free. I thought it was nifty and nice sounding, but it was no Tassman. When they get it to that level, I might consider upgrading.

Still cursing them for not actually updating Tassman to 64-bit.... :x
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

ralfrobert wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:42 pm
andi75 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:40 pm Wow, I could swear I read something about a Buchla Waveshaper update for Multiphonics at Rekkerd, but cannot find any evidence in Google.
No beer problems, I also read something like this, but here on KVR in the deals thread. By Uncle E, I think.
beer in mind that alcohol is dangerous for your health :pray:

:P

Introducing the Waveshaping Update for Multiphonics CV-2 (v2.1)
https://youtu.be/vnLYl7lJJeA

Super _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

Very nice :)
Although I wish AAS would allow their installations to have custom options so you don't have to delete AAS player afterwards every time. Even worse if you go for the 'everything' installer because it doesn't allow you to choose which versions yo install so I end up with earlier versions of Ultra Analog and Chromaphone alongside the new ones.

:party: It's already available ! :clap:

Adisponible.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by geronimo on Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

I know - I've just updated the NKS version with the new patches - from the NKS User Library/Current/AAS in my sig

I bought the CV-1 because I hoped it would be a replacement for the Tassman. I wrote a letter in support of AAS, offered new ideas. But I see that this is too limited a synthesizer compared to Tassman. CV-2 is slightly better than CV-1, but it's not what I want. I will not upgrade to CV-2. Maybe CV-3 will be more interesting?

Return to “Instruments”