Baby Audio BA-1 synth out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BA-1

AutoMotto wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:59 pm Crashes in FL Studio sadly, anyone else have the same issue?
We're looking into this right now and will fix+update shortly. Quick question: Is it the FX Strip plugin or the synth that's causing issues? Or both?
kraster wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:34 pm Is it just me or is the chorus not as intense as it was previously?
It's exactly the same at 100% :) But you can add less of it by going below that.
babyaud.io

Aloysius wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:10 am
BONES wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:15 am Go to Baby Audio's website, login to your user account and download it. The LOGIN button is at the bottom of the page.
You can get the download from the downloads page.

https://babyaud.io/downloads
Sweet. Thank You

just got the update and after 20 minutes or so of using it in latest version of Reaper on Win10 the audio starts stuttering and Reaper becomes unresponsive and i have to restart it, it's ok again for a while then the stuttering start again

AutoMotto wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:59 pm Crashes in FL Studio sadly, anyone else have the same issue?
emef wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:18 am just got the update and after 20 minutes or so of using it in latest version of Reaper on Win10 the audio starts stuttering and Reaper becomes unresponsive and i have to restart it, it's ok again for a while then the stuttering start again
These issues should be fixed with today's update, which you can get from the same download location. Let us know if they persist, however, and we will look into them again.
babyaud.io

hi, fx strip and ba-1 synth still need optimization in terms of cpu usage, also when i change the color and size of the UI the plugin is not recalling the last settings that i have chosen, when i open the plugin again it is default color and size
please fix :? . . . :hug:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

BABY Audio wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:55 pm
emef wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:18 am just got the update and after 20 minutes or so of using it in latest version of Reaper on Win10 the audio starts stuttering and Reaper becomes unresponsive and i have to restart it, it's ok again for a while then the stuttering start again
These issues should be fixed with today's update, which you can get from the same download location. Let us know if they persist, however, and we will look into them again.
working great again, cheers for fixing so quickly :tu:

martiu wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:52 pmhi, fx strip and ba-1 synth still need optimization in terms of cpu usage, also when i change the color and size of the UI the plugin is not recalling the last settings that i have chosen, when i open the plugin again it is default color and size
please fix :? . . . :hug:
Why would you assume that was a bug and not intended behaviour? I don't always use the same colour. If I am using multiple instances, it is an excellent way to see which is which and I resize instruments while I am working with them, to suit whatever I am doing at the time, I don't really have a preference for the size it opens at initially.

To be fair, it wouldn't bother me if it behaved the way you want it to, but the arrogance to assume that because it doesn't work the way you want it to, it must be broken and need fixing, is breath-taking.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I assumed it is a bug because on other synths i have the last settings you set it remembers :? . . . :hug:
aliasing plugin owner

But I'm sure you have many synths with different features, do you complain that your FM synths don't have exactly the same features as your V/A synths? As I said, the UI features in BA-1 work perfectly for me, there is nothing that needs fixing in there at all.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:59 am But I'm sure you have many synths with different features, do you complain that your FM synths don't have exactly the same features as your V/A synths? As I said, the UI features in BA-1 work perfectly for me, there is nothing that needs fixing in there at all.
Resetting skin and size on every new instance is not a feature, it is either a bug or a flaw, do you know other plugins that do the same?
aliasing plugin owner

Nice update! :tu:

Bug report: Apparently, the ARP parameters are not stored correctly.

1) Create a patch using the ARP. Set SPEED to 1/8.
2) Save this patch.
3) Close the synth or open a different patch.
4) When you open your newly created ARP patch again, you will find that the ARP plays at 1/8d. Strangely enough, the SPEED slider has not moved at all but is still in the 1/8 position. Just click on it (without moving it) and the SPEED value jumps to the correct value of 1/8.

It's the same with the setting of 1/4 (which becomes 1/4d then), but NOT with 1/16 (which seems to be stored correctly).

Can anyone try and confirm? [WIN 10]

Just tried version 1.5.0 in FL studio. Still crashes as soon as it opens the GUI.

martiu wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:59 amResetting skin and size on every new instance is not a feature, it is either a bug or a flaw, do you know other plugins that do the same?
Two that come to mind are Olga and Korg's ARP Odyssey plugin, although it's not something I think I would notice because I resize them on the fly, all the time. There is no default size that works for me in every situation. I certainly hadn't noticed until you whinged about it. And just because everyone else does it, doesn't mean that anyone actually has to do it. It's not a strong argument.

Size I can kind of get, for those who choose their screens poorly, and maybe for synths with a small number of fixed size options, but the colour thing doesn't make sense at all. You've assumed they offer different colours so everyone can choose their favourite but what if they have done for the purpose that I use it for, to differentiate between instances? And what if the size thing is also for people like me, who sometimes work with their computer plugged into a desktop screen but at other times work on their machines own, much smaller screen and/or like to resize GUIs at different times, for different purposes? e.g. Sometimes, when I first add an instrument to project, I might want the GUI nice and big so that I can create the patch I need. At other times I might just want to select a preset or a saved patch of my own, in which case I'll want the GUI nice and compact, so I can easily float between the mixer and the instrument to get it working in the mix.

It comes down to the reasons they have implemented those features in the way they have. You are saying that unless it is implemented the way you want it to be, it is broken and needs to be fixed but I don't see that as necessarily the case.
e-musician wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:42 pmBug report: Apparently, the ARP parameters are not stored correctly.

1) Create a patch using the ARP. Set SPEED to 1/8.
2) Save this patch.
3) Close the synth or open a different patch.
4) When you open your newly created ARP patch again, you will find that the ARP plays at 1/8d. Strangely enough, the SPEED slider has not moved at all but is still in the 1/8 position. Just click on it (without moving it) and the SPEED value jumps to the correct value of 1/8.

It's the same with the setting of 1/4 (which becomes 1/4d then), but NOT with 1/16 (which seems to be stored correctly).

Can anyone try and confirm? [WIN 10]
Yes, exactly the same issue here.

You know, nothing about a plugin implementing a standard color and GUI size gets in the way of changing it, especially per instance. Personally I'm not that bothered by it, but I tend to take decent touch GUI's like BA-1 and blow them up to near full screen and if that's selectable as a preference, it's better.

The last update is pure fire. This synth is really a gem. Like so much the new fx chian.

Return to “Instruments”